Change position of map and grey search bar on map view

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Change position of map and grey search bar on map view

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    infosws
    Participant

Hi,

On the map view of our installation the map seems to have been placed above the grey search bar by default. This is inconsistent with other views and our client would like it to match. Could someone please explain which part of the template controls the grey bar/map?

Barry

Certainly 🙂

If you haven’t already done so please familiarize yourself with the Themer’s Guide first of all – but basically you would be interested in customizing map.php and it would simply be a matter of locating:

<!-- Tribe Bar -->
    <?php tribe_get_template_part( 'modules/bar' ); ?>

And moving it so it sits above this chunk of code from the same file:

<!-- Google Map Container -->
    <?php tribe_get_template_part( 'map/gmap-container' ) ?>

(Remember to place your template override within a pro subdirectory, that’s to say it should ultimately live in your theme directory at tribe-events/pro/map.php.)

Thanks!

infosws
    Participant

Hi,

Thank you very much! At first I couldn’t see a map.php – turns out I was looking in ‘the-events-calendar’ folder in the plugin directory instead of ‘events-calendar-prop’. Doh!

Thanks for the detailed advice – I can confirm that once I found the correct file it was simple to make the specified change.

Kelly
    Participant

Sorry about the initial confusion, infosws. Thanks for sticking with it and figuring it out! 🙂

Since you’re set for now, I’m going to close this thread. 🙂 Please feel free to start a new one if anything else comes up!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Change position of map and grey search bar on map view’ is closed to new replies.