Change people names on tickets

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Change people names on tickets

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    silas burton
    Participant

How do Change people names who have tickets, or an email address of the person receiving a ticket, after the changes how do i email out the new ticket with the correct name,

had a person purchase 2 tickets. one person cant make it any more. asked i change the name and email the new ticket to her

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Thanks for emailing support.

If you instruct the user to visit the event page where they initially purchased their tickets, they should see a block of text that reads, “You have 2 tickets for this event. View your tickets”. This links to a page where they can edit the attendee information.

More information can be found under the ‘Letting Attendees Edit Their Information‘ section on our Tickets: Managing your orders and attendees Knowledgebase article. Let me know if the user is able to successfully edit their attendee information and take care.

Thanks,
    Brendan

silas burton
    Participant

how can this be done from an admin account. EG my account. As i have people who did not book it them self. but emailed me about ticket changes, eg the accountant paid for the tickets. The people going got the tickets. Then on of them pulled out. The person who pulled out gave the ticket to another person. then they email me about getting a name change.
    it would be alot easier for me to change the names and resend the new ticket to them.

many thanks

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Its definitely something I feel would be a great feature however its currently not possible. However, other users have asked for this. Feel free to vote on the feature request. The more votes, the more likely it is something our team will invest in developing.

One workaround thing you can do with the current issue, is cancel out the ticket in question and give the new user a coupon to register for the event. This way they are in your system and get the ticket sent to their email.

Thanks,
    Brendan

silas burton
    Participant

Not having this is going to cause some big issues with one of the new sites i have built. we have over 75 events. trying to explain this to people will be challenging.
    i will put a vote in Now

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

I understand and its definitely something we are looking to implement.

We do have an extension to change the attendee information on the backend however it will not email out a new ticket since this is not hooked up into the custom fields section.

You can download and install it here:

attendee-data-editor-master

Thanks,
    Brendan

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Change people names on tickets’ is closed to new replies.