Change of some of the labels on the frontend ticket submission form?

Home Forums Ticket Products Community Tickets Change of some of the labels on the frontend ticket submission form?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    James O’Sullivan
    Participant

Hi there, on the community tickets plugin there is an option after you click on add new ticket on the frontend form and it says RSVP or woo commerce. I would like to change the name of Woocommerce because my users submitting events would not really know what this means. So can i say something like TICKET PURCHASE instead of WooCommerce for example? Is there a filter for this or code snippet I can add to my functions files for example?

Also in the same area on the add new event form I can see the word Stock, again I would love to change this to capacity maybe? As stock would not make much sense to my event organisers.

Look forward to your response and thanks in advance for your time.
    James

Brook
    Participant

Howdy James,

That is quite possible with a theme override. Unfortunately this is one of the few things that is not translatable/filterable because the name itself comes from the WooCommerce class. However if you create a theme override for [your-theme]/tribe-events/community-tickets/modules/tickets.php and put this in it:

https://gist.github.com/elimn/9270713f8539e3bd8178d35759d9b79a

You should be golden. On line 76 of that you will see it renames WooCommerce to “Tickets”. You can put any name you want in there. More details on theme overrides can be found in our Themer’s Guide  if you have not done this before.

Does that all make sense? Will that work for you? Please let me know.

Cheers!

– Brook

James O’Sullivan
    Participant

Hi Brook, I think that will work for me, I do not mind the theme override for once I can change the wording in the end so this will do the trick.

Brook
    Participant

Excellent! Thanks for getting back James. I’ll leave this open just in case there are any hiccups during implementation.

• Brook
    Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Change of some of the labels on the frontend ticket submission form?’ is closed to new replies.