Change language on community form labels

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Change language on community form labels

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    John
    Participant

I have been trying to change the text for the form labels on the community event submission page, specifically for organizers. I have tried using the “replace any text” in the functions file, tried editing the file directly in views/community/modules/organizer-fields.php – I am stuck. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Geoff B.

Good evening John and welcome to the Events Calendar Support forum!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the challenges you have experienced while trying to change the form labels on the community event submission page. I would love to help you with this topic.

Could you provide me with an example of what text you are trying to change exactly ? Either a URL, a screenshot or a detailed explanation will be super helpful.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

John
    Participant

Here is the page:
    http://50.87.173.69/events/community/add/

Down in the Organizer Info section, I want to make the “Email” supporting text more user friendly language. Currently it says “Email: The e-mail address will be obfuscated on your site to avoid it getting harvested by spammers.”

Geoff B.

Good evening John,

Thank you for writing back and providing these details.

The section you are trying to modify actually does not live in the Community Events plugin, but rather in the Events Calendar.

More specifically in 3 places:

1. /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/admin-views/organizer-meta-box.php
    2. /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/admin-views/create-organizer-fields.php
    3. In the language file for the Events Calendar

The simplest solution, in my opinion would be to create a language file for en_us and simply “translate” that specific string. Once you are done, you can place the po/mo file in the language folder of the Events Calendar or in /wp-content/languages/plugins/

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

John
    Participant

Got it, thank you. It was hard coded in /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/admin-views/create-organizer-fields.php – language file did not work.

Thanks a lot!

Geoff B.

Good morning John,

I am glad my answer was useful to you and I’m sorry the language file approach did not work for you.

You are welcome back on our support forums any time 🙂

For now, I am going to close this thread.

Have a great week!

Geoff B.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Change language on community form labels’ is closed to new replies.