Change field names globally

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Change field names globally

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    amber
    Participant

Hello! I was able to change one event field name “Event Title” to “Name” globally by following the instructions found here: https://tri.be/support/forums/topic/change-field-name-on-community-events-submission-form/ but I’d like to change multiple field Names, for example I’d also like to change “Event Description” to “Reason”. Every way I’ve tried to duplicate it has caused a fatal error… any thoughts?

Barry

Hi!

One possibility is to set up some code in your theme’s functions.php file – or some other suitable place – and create a filter something like this:

add_filter( 'gettext', 'change_nomenclature_globally' );

function change_nomenclature_globally( $text ) {
        $text = str_replace( 'Event Title', 'Name', $text );
        return $text;
    }

You could set up as many rules in there as you need (and bear in mind it is case sensitive, if you do follow that approach). Alternatively, you may be able to use individual hooks and template overrides if finer-grained control is necessary (see our Themer’s Guide).

Does that help at all?

Barry

Hi! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed. Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Change field names globally’ is closed to new replies.