Change Default Sort on Events Page

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Change Default Sort on Events Page

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Todd
    Participant

The events page sorts in chronological order (which makes sense of course) but I’d like to have it sorted by a number from my “additional fields”. (Each event is tagged with a number 1-5, and I’d like to show all the 1’s first, then the 2’s etc.). I can’t find the template where this sort actually takes place. Can you lead me to where I might be able to work with the sort defaults? Thank you!

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Todd,

No problem! You can find the main events query in wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Query.php (note that you’ll want to take advantage of some of the filters you’ll find there instead of modifying this file directly, as it is a core plugin file and any changes will be overwritten when you update the plugin). I’d also recommend taking a look at our themer’s guide as well as this list of functions.

I hope that helps get you started, and let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Change Default Sort on Events Page’ is closed to new replies.