Change default number of tickets from 0 to 1

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Change default number of tickets from 0 to 1

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Andrew Bacon
    Participant

I have seen the answers in other threads about changing a line in tickets.php.

I have no file called tickets.php in my website.

Nothing I do affects the default value of “0” above the add to cart button at the end of the page: http://thebirthinginn.info/classes/birth-options-5

4 hours down the drain.

Barry

Hi Northern Pacific Digital,

Looking at your account it doesn’t appear that you currently have a license for WooCommerce Tickets – can you confirm if you made the purchase under a different user account (and login using that account if so)?

Thanks!

Andrew Bacon
    Participant

It’s a client of ours called the Birthing Inn. I don’t have access to their account.

So, no. Can you help me out please? I spent four hours yesterday looking for how to change the default number of items from a 0 to a 1 and it’s a pretty small request.

Andrew Bacon
    Participant

We now have a license. Would you be willing to try to help me with my disproportionately time-consuming and frustrating issue now?

Barry

Thanks for making the purchase 🙂

Does the following knowledgebase article help, or is there anything it doesn’t cover that you need to know for this task?

theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/handling-ticket-quantities

Andrew Bacon
    Participant

Did you read my original post? I HAVE NO TICKETS.PHP ON MY WEBSITE.

Barry

Yes, I read your original post 🙂

It’s not so uncommon for users to look in the wrong plugin directory, however, and so by linking you to more complete instructions I hoped it might steer you in the correct direction.

Though it’s tricky to be absolutely sure given we don’t have unrestricted access to your website/server, on inspecting your site I see every indication that tickets.php is actually present and can be found in the expected location.

To clarify once more, you should look within the plugins/wootickets directory. That ought to contain a number of subdirectories and the path you are interested in should be as follows:

wp-content/plugins/wootickets/views/wootickets/tickets.php

If you are looking anywhere else, such as plugins/the-events-calendar, then you will not locate the correct template.

If you are absolutely certain this file is missing perhaps you could include a few screenshots showing me what you are seeing via your FTP client/hosting control panel?

Thanks!

Andrew Bacon
    Participant

I don’t see any way to upload a screenshot.

I have no wootickets directory. I searched my entire site structure for tickets.php. I don’t have one.

Licenses

The license key you received when completing your purchase from http://tri.be/ will grant you access to support and updates until it expires. You do not need to enter the key below for the plugins to work, but you will need to enter it to get automatic updates. Find your license keys at http://tri.be/license-keys/.

Each paid add-on has its own unique license key. Simply paste the key into its appropriate field on below, and give it a moment to validate. You know you’re set when a green expiration date appears alongside a “valid” message.

If you’re seeing a red message telling you that your key isn’t valid or is out of installs, visit http://tri.be/license-keys/ to manage your installs or renew / upgrade your license.

Not seeing an update but expecting one? In WordPress, go to Dashboard > Updates and click “Check Again”.
    The Events Calendar: WooCommerce Tickets
    License Key

Valid Key! Expires on 2016-05-04
    A valid license key is required for support and updates
    The Events Calendar PRO
    License Key

Valid Key! Expires on 2015-12-06

Barry

Hi!

I don’t see any way to upload a screenshot

You’re right, you can’t upload screenshots as such – apologies for not being clearer on that point – but if you upload them to your own WordPress site, or to a service like Dropbox, you can then share the URLs here.

I have no wootickets directory. I searched my entire site structure for tickets.php. I don’t have one.

That’s odd, because if I navigate to:

http://thebirthinginn.info/wp-content/plugins/wootickets/readme.txt

I then see the readme file included with the WooCommerce Tickets plugin. That URL is reflective of the actual filepath – you can see how wootickets is nested under the main plugins directory.

Does your problem relate to a different site and can you clarify the URL if so? If the URL is correct is it possible you are looking in the wrong place?

I do for instance note that the domain you shared when you opened this topic and the domain in the opening post itself are slightly different – so perhaps some confusion has arisen? WooCommerce Tickets and the wootickets plugin directory are accessible in either case, albeit slightly different versions, but I thought I’d double check.

The license key you received when completing your purchase from http://tri.be/ will grant you access to support and updates until it expires…

So I’m not sure why you included the license information, but if you are experiencing difficulties when trying to register your site through the license settings screen – or have any other license related questions – please do create a new topic and one of the team will be happy to offer whatever guidance they can.

(We do have a policy of sticking to one question/issue per topic, though, which is why I’m asking that you create a new topic if needed – this helps us to deliver fair service to all our customers, besides keeping individual topics on track.)

Thanks again!

Barry

Hi there – just checking in since I got the sense you were anxious to resolve this quickly (plus, I may be out tomorrow and so unavailable to assist again until Thursday).

The team and I had a quick chat about this topic to think about why you may be unable to locate the files in question and one thought was that perhaps you are using the theme/plugin editor built in to WordPress itself (and which has various limitations) – might that be the reason?

If not, please do share some links to screenshots that illustrate what you’re seeing. Thanks!

Barry

Hi!

It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this topic.

• Need help with anything else? Go right ahead and post a new topic, one of the team will be only too happy to help
    • Still need help with this issue and need to re-open it? Again, please simply create a new topic and link to this one to provide the team with some context

Thanks!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Change default number of tickets from 0 to 1’ is closed to new replies.