Change 'Buy now' to 'Book now'

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Change 'Buy now' to 'Book now'

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    liblogger
    Participant

Is it possible to change the ‘Buy now!’ button to display as ‘Book now!’? We have a lot of free events, and having ‘Buy now!’ beside ‘Free’ is confusing. I can’t see anything in the theming guide – I can work out how to hide the button, but that seems to defeat the point of make an event ‘Featured’…

(As a side note, the number of tickets left is themed with .tribe-tickets-left in the list view, as opposed to the .tribe-tickets-remaining used elsewhere – I don’t know if that’s intentional, but it seems a bit sloppy?)

Geoff B.

Good evening Susan and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

You can absolutely change that string which resides in the Events Calendar’s language files.
    The simplest approach is the one found in this article: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/change-the-wording-of-any-bit-of-text-or-string/

After editing, apply the snippet in the functions.php file of your theme (without the PHP tag at the top).

As for your CSS class comment, that is a good catch. I am not sure if this was indeed intentional.
    I will ask the coding team.

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

liblogger
    Participant

Hello – thank you for the link. Unfortunately it doesn’t seem to work for that button – it works fine for the example text, changing ‘Venue’ to ‘Location’, and with other text snippets (I can change the ‘Free’ price display) – but not the ‘Buy Now!’

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Susan,

You are absolutely right. My apologies.

This is because this string requires context as well. I just tried the following modified snippet and it works like a charm: https://gist.github.com/andrasguseo/29903a974cb84060957881c17613c278#file-change-wording-with-context-php

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

liblogger
    Participant

Yes, that works fine. Thank you!

Geoff B.

Good evening Susan,

I am super stoked to hear that.

You are welcome back in our support forums any time 🙂

For now, I am going to close this thread.

Have a great week!

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Change 'Buy now' to 'Book now'’ is closed to new replies.