Change 'Buy now' to 'Book now' and Button Color

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Change 'Buy now' to 'Book now' and Button Color

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    ksministries
    Participant

Hello we do not seem to be having much good fortune trying to edit the above. We have tried three or four other snippets that were provided on different threads but none of them seemed to work. Would you be able to point us to directions on just how we can do this, that is change the tivkets plus buy now and add to cart buttons from buy now to book now?

A second related thing is the same buy now and add to cart buttons that are displayed for the event tickets plus.. In the customizer there is an option to change the buttons color but we can not see how to change the color of the font inside the button. We are selecting a green color for the button but it is changing the text to black instead of leaving it white. We would like to change the color of the button but leave the text white. We already have our events folder in our theme we just need to know what file or files we must copy and how to change them for our needs. Thank you

ksministries
    Participant

Hello again. I just wanted to add that I was able to find and change the “Add to cart” text in event tickets plus by copying and changing the text in the “tickets.php” file but I still cannot seem to find the file that contains the “Buy now” text. The color of the button also seems to be having a problem because when I refresh the page where the button is placed I can see my custom color that I applied underneath. Also would anyone be able to tell me what I can do to line up the button with the price box? As seen in screenshot they are off. Thx

ksministries
    Participant

Just an update we have searched in every file in all folder for event calendar and event tickets and event tickets plug and no where is there the words buy now for locating the new button. Not sure what to do from here thx

Geoff B.

Good evening Robert and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

To change “Buy Now” to “Book Now”, you could editing the following snippet in the functions.php file of your theme (without the PHP tag at the top): https://gist.github.com/andrasguseo/29903a974cb84060957881c17613c278

As for the button color,

Try adding the following CSS rule to your style.css file or in your Custom CSS metabox:

.tribe-button {
    background-color: #a0ce4e !important;
    color: #fff;
    }

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

ksministries
    Participant

Geoff the CSS worked thank you very much for that I only spend 8 hours trying it myself.

I was not sure on what I needed to change on the php snippet. Could you show me where I am to place the “Buy now” text and the “Book now” replacement text? I tried changing “RSVP’ => ‘Registration’, but that did not work so I am guessing I am in the wrong section?

While I have you could I get you to look at the way my Buy now button is positioned on the page. It should be inlined with the pricing field and “tickets left” field but it is not. I presently have the ticket left field hidden but even when it is there it does not change the position of the Buy now button I have attached a screenshot to show an example of mine and the way it should be.

ksministries
    Participant

Sending screenshot again it seems to have not attached on first try.

ksministries
    Participant

I was missing the exclamation mark this fixed worked perfectly thank you again Geoff!!

ksministries
    Participant

Geoff I forgot the last thing is the placement of the button can I get it to run leveled with the price field?

Geoff B.

Good evening Robert,

Thank you for writing back.

I am super stoked that you are making progress on this.
    Kudos!

Regarding the alignment of your button, the issue is that your theme seems to have a margin-bottom for all form CSS elements.

Try adding the following CSS rule to your style.css file or in your Custom CSS metabox:

.tribe-events-event-cost form {margin-bottom: 0px!important}

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

ksministries
    Participant

Wow that fixed it you are pretty amazing I struggled for days with this I am so thankful for your help blessings

Geoff B.

Good evening Robert,

I am super stoked that this worked for you.
    Thank you for your awesome words. It’s really appreciated.

You are welcome back in our support forums any time 🙂

For now, I am going to close this thread.

Have a great week!

Geoff B.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Change 'Buy now' to 'Book now' and Button Color’ is closed to new replies.