Certain events not importing from Facebook

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Certain events not importing from Facebook

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    James Banks
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve noticed lately that the event syncing hasn’t been working for certain events, namely this event:

https://www.facebook.com/events/454380827998002/

Event calendar is here: http://www.guidedogsqld.com.au/events/

Any pointers on how this can be fixed?

Thanks,

James

Barry

Hi James,

Once an event is imported it will not automatically be updated if you make further changes to the ‘source event’ on Facebook itself … does that clarify things/can you provide more detail on the problem you are facing?

James Banks
    Participant

Thanks Barry, I’ll pass that on to the site manager to see if that is the case.

James Banks
    Participant

Hi Barry,

The events were not changed once they were initially created in Facebook. Is there any other reason why this has happened?

James

Barry

I’m worried we’re misunderstanding one another here: once you import an event, it effectively lives as a distinct entity in WordPress. Updating your local (WordPress-copy) of the event will not update the same event on Facebook, and vice versa.

If that doesn’t quite explain the situation, could you help me understand by detailing what’s happening step-by-step?

Thanks!

James Banks
    Participant

Hi there Barry,

I believe I may have come across the real problem here, which I will describe below.

When I go to the Events > Import: Facebook tab, I see that the events which have not been imported from Facebook have no tick next to them.

Note I have set the plugin’s settings to import from Facebook daily.

When I tick the checkbox next to the event, and click on ‘Import Events’, I receive the following error message:

The following errors have occurred during importing images:
    Could not successfully import the image for unknown reasons.
    Please note that this does not effect importing of associated events unless noted.

I believe this is the reason why some events are not importing successfully from Facebook.

How can this be solved?

Barry

It’s not always possible for the plugin to obtain the cover image for events that it imports – however, generally if you see that error in relation to one or more imported events the events themselves are still imported (it’s just that they won’t initially have a featured image).

I believe this is the reason why some events are not importing successfully from Facebook.

So between this and your initial post I’m still a bit confused as to the actual problem: is it simply that some events are not being imported? Is it consistently the same events that fail to import and can you give me an example of one (by sharing the event page URL on Facebook)?

Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Certain events not importing from Facebook’ is closed to new replies.