CE new install and lot of problems – Need help or refund

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events CE new install and lot of problems – Need help or refund

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    emanuele
    Participant

Hi Support,
    I’ve purchesed about two hour ago community events and installed it on my website eventimarcheoggi.it and staging1.eventimarcheoggi.it (for more test).
    It seems a nightmare on my website, unfortunatly.
    Take note on my live website I’ve autoptimize running, but in the staging domain it’s turned off (it cause conflicts with your plugin).
    For the same reason, the main website has the PRO version not updated, but the staging domain is totally updated.

In the live version, eventimarcheoggi.it, there are some JS conflicts and it causes:

1) the header (logo and menu on the top of the site) sometimes appear, and sometimes not. Tested on more browser and pc and it’s the same.
    2)the fields. When the header issue come, the fields too are not working fine. For example, in the venue details the choose box disappear.
    3) the sidebar. Don’t understand why the sidebar come after the content. I’m using the default template for the events calendar and all my website have the siderbar, obv the events and the calendar too. In this page the sidebar does not work, it’ belove the content and it’s horrible.

At this point, I tested it without autoptimize on my staging domain, and the situation it’s a little better, but not sufficent.
    1) the sidebar problem persist
    2) the events categories on the add event page. There are not all, some category is missing, and the button “choose more category” does not appear.

Anyway, after these two problems, the insert of the events seems working.

Considering the fact I’m not a coder, I need your help.
    I can give up with autoptimize, and put it down on my live website too, this is the worst options for me, but anyway, before do it if it’s very necessary, I need your help to resolve these two problems, or I need a refund, cause at the actual state my purchase it’s totally useless.

Thanks in advice,
    Emanuele

emanuele
    Participant

This reply is private.

emanuele
    Participant

This reply is private.

emanuele
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

This reply is private.

emanuele
    Participant

Hi Cliff,
    Lot of these console errors are caused by me cause I’m searching and testing an alternative plugin like autoptimize (at this purpose, can you suggest me one who don’t conflict with EC?).
    About the display:none , I agree and don’t care about the sidebar in the form page, but my problem is it’s the same default template so if I apply the display:none the sidebar will disappear in all events page. (or am I wrong?)

Cliff

Here’s our KB about minification plugins: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/problems-with-minification/

Here’s some CSS to hide your sidebar only on the CE form page:

body.tribe_community_edit .four.columns {
    display: none;
    }

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions on this topic.

emanuele
    Participant

Hi Cliff,
    thanks for the css code, it works.
    Unfortunatly, there is something still wrong on this page.
    Sometimes (in reality, a lot of times), when you open the page (https://www.eventimarcheoggi.it/prossimi-eventi/community/aggiungi) the top menu does not appear, and when this is issue come, users can’t choose a venue, cause the venue choose option simply not appear (like the top menu).
    I checked it for two days, with more browsers and pc, deactivated all the JS compression, removed two plugin who could create conflicts, but this problem persist.
    Could you take a look? Actally this condition make the form useless, and I can’t promote or publish it.
    Thanks again,
    Emanuele

Cliff

I noticed the following:

If you add this CSS:

#Header_wrapper {
    min-height: 400px;
    margin-bottom: -200px;

it then appears like this on my desktop-sized browser: https://cl.ly/2B301u2G0N0j

I also saw your nav is in the page source but it’s also not displaying, like your header image, mentioned above.

As I stated in my last reply, we do not provide integration support or CSS/styling fixes.

If you need some coding help, you may want to ask your developer, your theme support, or reference our documentation and list of known customizers.

Hans-Gerd
    Participant

Hi Emanuele,
    we have installed and activated TEC, TEC Pro and Community Events.
    Using WP Rocket for minification and caching. It works perfectly.

Cheers,
    Hans-Gerd

Cliff

Thanks for sharing your experience, Hans-Gerd. We’ve also heard of many people using WP Rocket successfully.

Emanuele, please let me know how things are going for you.

emanuele
    Participant

Hi Cliff,
    I’m not pretty sure, but I think I found a right combo with the Autoptimze options, but, if you could take another look and check it too it would be very appreciated, cause my only way to check it is… open the page again and again.
    For that reason I’m not sure 🙂

@Hans-Gerd
    very thanks for the suggest! If my problems persist I sure will try to switch with WP-Rocket!

Cliff

For me, your link looks like this: https://cl.ly/2R0z3l0u1W2R

And I saw these console messages:

Let me know if you were wanting me to check anything else.

emanuele
    Participant

Ok, I can consider this issue fixed at the moment.
    The way you see it is like it should be, and works.
    About the console messages, I don’t have the ability to know what they mean :/

Thanks for your time and support,
    Emanuele

Cliff

I’m glad I could help you get to a resolution for this issue.

Regarding the console messages, they could be related to each other. Whether they are or not, you should ask your host (or Cloudflare if you’re their direct customer) to look into them for you.

Have a great rest of your week!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘CE new install and lot of problems – Need help or refund’ is closed to new replies.