Category URL

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Category URL

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Douglas
    Participant

Hi, back in November I asked about having unique a unique URL for calendars showing only a specific category of event. Hunter gave me the following reply:

“Glad to hear youโ€™re on the right track! We are getting close to releasing a version which includes the ability to display category-specific calendars/list of events using the [tribe_events] shortcode. Stay tuned to your WordPress admin dashboard and our Release Notes for that information.”

I haven’t seen anything updated for this yet so I though I’d check back in and see if there had been any developments toward making this happen?

Thanks

Courtney

Hi Douglas

You could use a shortcode on any page you create to limit to the category. It’d look like this:

[tribe_events view=”list” category=”barbecue”]

Or you could add a link in your menu, etc. like this:

http://wpshindig.com/events/category/learning/

Would either of those work for you?

Thanks
    Courtney ๐Ÿ™‚

Douglas
    Participant

Yes, I think both would work great. Using either option, would the user still be able to filter further with the filter bar, such as by zip code etc?

Courtney

Hi Douglas

Both options would still show the Event Search Bar. If a user puts a zip code into the Near/Location box, they’ll find the events in that region.

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Thanks
    Courtney ๐Ÿ™‚

Douglas
    Participant

Nope, that covers it. Thanks!

Courtney

Thanks Douglas! ๐Ÿ™‚

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Category URL’ is closed to new replies.