Category Title on Category List pages

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Category Title on Category List pages

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anderson
    Participant

I need category event list pages to display the name of the event category at the top of each event category page, such as http://site.com/events/dog-days/ (“Dog Days” would display on this page). Can this be done using this tag? php echo tribe_meta_event_category_name();

I’m not sure of how to add this as a conditional in list.php so the title only displays on category list pages. Thanks

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Krysia,

To modify page titles in your theme you’ll want to find wherever the_title() is called. It’s going to either be in header.php, page.php or via your functions.php file. Once you’ve found where the titles are output you can add the category name like so:

if( tribe_is_event() && !tribe_is_day() && !is_single() && is_tax() ) { // Events List Category Pages
    echo 'Events Calendar' . ' » ' . single_term_title('', false);
    }

I hope that helps!

– Jonah

Anderson
    Participant

Sorry if I wasn’t clear. The event page titles are fine. What I’m needing to do is have a title for category event list pages, which have a list of all events under a certain category. So if the event category is “Lectures”, I want it to say “Lectures” at the top of this page (“located at” http://site.com/events/category/lectures). Currently nothing displays. Thanks!

Anderson
    Participant

My bad. This totally works. I actually just put it into “list.php” and it works well. Thanks so much.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Krysia,

Glad that worked! Let us know if you need anything else.

– Jonah

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Category Title on Category List pages’ is closed to new replies.