Category not showing on the front end

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Category not showing on the front end

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Steven Trudell
    Participant

How do I get the category to show on the front end of the calendar? It also seems like there should be a category drop down next to the other search options to display events in a particular category. Also, when I click on an event it doesn’t display the category. I would think the events should be color coded or something by category so people know what category it belongs to at a glance. Am I missing something?

Also, is there a way to import a group of events into a specific category? I don’t see that option on the ical plugin.

Steven Trudell
    Participant

Looks like I needed more plugin for the category drop down: The Filter Bar. Still curious about importing into a particular category though.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Steven,

Thanks for going Pro and welcome to the forums! Wow, that’s a nice list of questions. 🙂

I checked your site and it looks like you already found some of the answers. Still, let me help you with them one at a time, it might help others as well.

How do I get the category to show on the front end of the calendar?

Where exactly would you like to show the categories? Normally they show up only on the Single Event page, but not in the month / list / week views.

It also seems like there should be a category drop down next to the other search options to display events in a particular category.

Looks like I needed more plugin for the category drop down: The Filter Bar.

Yup, you found it. And Filter Bar allows you much more… but I’m sure you already figured that.

Also, when I click on an event it doesn’t display the category.

As said above, on the single event page it shows up in the meta box. On other views it doesn’t show by default. To show them there, it would require some customization.

I would think the events should be color coded or something by category so people know what category it belongs to at a glance.

That is a valid request. And if I see correctly, you already found The Events Calendar Category Colors, a third-party plugin for doing exactly what you described.

Also, is there a way to import a group of events into a specific category? I don’t see that option on the ical plugin.

You can find it at the bottom of the list of the events that you are about to import, next to the Import Status dropdown.

Cloudup qprbnv1rg5i

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions, I’d be happy to help!

Have a great weekend,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Category not showing on the front end’ is closed to new replies.