Category mapping from exchange

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Category mapping from exchange

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Nicolas
    Participant

We are using an ical feed from an exchange calendar on the new EA plugin.
    If the events are categorised with exactly the same category names as available in the events plugin is there a way to automatically categorise those events?

I know you can set one default category but that doesn’t really achieve what we need. Do you know if the category information from an exchange iCal feed is even visible?

i.e.. In the exchange Calendar we add the categories Events and Weekend
    In the events plugin we also have the categories Events and Weekend

Since the naming on these is exactly the same can those categories be automatically set?

Cliff

Hi, Nicolas.

believe those categories might get interpreted and created when imported via iCal/ICS format, but I’m not certain.

I’d suggest trying it out. Try a One-Time Import, input the URL, and click Preview.

Then, check the box for just 1 or 2 events you know have categories and import just that 1 or 2 and see how it works out.

If it goes well, feel free to continue importing all of them. If it doesn’t import categories, I believe you’re requesting the same thing as one of our existing feature requests: https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/17040562-event-aggregator-categories-tags

Please do add your vote there.

This allows us to gauge interest in this particular feature request, which helps us prioritize our development efforts.

Thank you.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Category mapping from exchange’ is closed to new replies.