Category list view doesn't work anymore

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Category list view doesn't work anymore

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    frankomator
    Participant

We’re linking to category views of The Events Calendar Pro, such as
    http://www.baubiologie.de/events/kategorie/sonstige-veranstaltungen/

This shows the monthly view of an event category (only “The Events Calendar Category Colors” plug-in stops working in category view, this could be a different issue).

But switching to list view doesn’t work anymore with the current version:
    http://www.baubiologie.de/events/kategorie/sonstige-veranstaltungen/liste/

The calendar remains in monthly view – with no entries at all. This is quite a problem as we have communicated the category list view urls to our clients.

I’ve reset the permalinks and deactivated the Cache plugin with no success.

Best,
    Frank

Barry

Hi Frank,

I’m sorry to hear you’ve hit up against difficulties.

We do have a bug relating to certain views when a website is set to operate in a non-English language and we hope to resolve that as soon as possible. However, I was so far unaware of any general problems with category or list view permalinks.

Certainly if I test locally (in an otherwise clean environment) I can successfully access the default event view, list view and month view with or without a category applied and it all just seems to work.

With that in mind I’m unsure what specifically would be triggering these issues in your case. I realize you’ve already tried a number of standard troubleshooting steps, but for the avoidance of any doubt can you confirm if this is still a problem – either on your live site or a test site – if you deactivate everything except our plugins (and please remember The Events Calendar Category Colors is not one of our plugins), switch to a default theme such as Twenty Fourteen and then flush permalinks?

frankomator
    Participant

Hi Barry,

Thank you for your answer. Yesterday I set up a clean install for testing and debugging and found that I can reproduce the issue only if I set the (WordPress) language to German (other non-english language versions may also be affected) and to pretty permalinks. The slug “category” was translated to “kategorie”. This affects the url structure in the database, the “post_type=” was missing at the beginning of the query string. The rewrite rule apparently expected “category” to work correctly. As “kategorie” has worked in earlier versions this comes somewhat unexpected.

Solution was to edit the existing language PO-file and to change the translation back to “category”. Then everything runs fine, even in list view.

Best,
    Frank

Barry

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the update.

Intriguingly, if I switch to German with pretty-permalinks enabled, URLs such as /events/kategorie/some-category/ “just work”. I’m not sure what the difference would be between our respective sites.

As you have a fix in place and have marked this as resolved, however, I will go ahead and close this topic – but we’ll be sure to keep an eye out for similar reports.

If anything else crops up, please don’t hesitate to create new topics as needed 🙂

Thanks again!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Category list view doesn't work anymore’ is closed to new replies.