category hierarchy not preserved

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO category hierarchy not preserved

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Sandro
    Participant

I’m playing around child categories so I created this tree:
    Events cat1
    – Event cat2
    — Event cat 3

Url structure plugin outputs is this:

wordpress/events/Events-cat1
    wordpress/events/Events-cat2

Should not hierarchy be preserved properly? if I didn’t want to put hierarchy I would just create separate category. Is this a bug? or am I doing something wrong?

Rob

Hey Sandro. Thanks for the note here, and for your explanation of the situation here. This does look like a bug as I was able to recreate it on my end test site too. I’ve logged it for the team asking them to take a look and try to find a resolution for the next release; in the interim, out of curiosity, what would having the tiered categories accomplish that the current structure cannot, for organization purposes on your end? We know it’s wrong and obviously need to fix it but I’m interested in hearing what you’re trying to go for that you’re not able to do as it stands.

Thanks for the heads up and your patience on this so far.

Sandro
    Participant

Hi Rob, sorry for late reply. I am trying to put tegether a country calendar of events. So I have several cities which have cinema/restaurant/other locations listed under it.

/Tbilisi/cinema
    /Batumi/cinema
    /other-city/cinema

So if hierarchy is not preserved I will end up with
    events/cinema in all 3 cases. I think it will not work at all and I will be forced to use different names/slugs for each which is not very logic friendly.

Rob

No problem for the delay, Sandro. I can understand the concern there and why the outlined approach wouldn’t work. We should be able to have this fixed in the 2.0.9 build that is out sometime in early September…so know that relief isn’t too far out.

Sorry I couldn’t offer up more in the short-term. Let me know if you have any other questions down the road and thanks again for your support.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘category hierarchy not preserved’ is closed to new replies.