Category getting remove from existing events on import

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Category getting remove from existing events on import

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Nicolas
    Participant

We have a major issue at the moment.
    When our hourly ics import happens the categories that have been manually set on each event are being removed.
    Originally the setting was “Overwrite my event with any changes from the original source.” we have changed this to “Preserve the most recent change in each event field, whether that change occurred on my site or at the original source.” The way I read it is that whichever are has the newest data is the master.

1. Our process is like this. The event is created on the exchange calendar
    2. Each hour the exchange calendar is imported to the website using the ICS feed.
    3. The evens are created as a draft with no category
    4. The category is set on each even and the event is published.

The issue we have is that the next hour the category is removed from the event, so we have 480 events and not a single one has a category set because they have all been removed.

Barry

Hi Nicolas.

I’m sorry to say this is a known bug. It is however one we’re keen to prioritize and so we should see a fix for this issue rolling out sooner rather than later.

I have linked the bug report on our internal tracker to this forum topic and we’ll do our best to update you as soon as we have some news to share 🙂

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi there!

Just wanted to share with you that a new Feature Release 4.5 of The Events Calendar is out, which includes a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about the release here → https://theeventscalendar.com/release-the-events-calendar-4-5/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.
    Best,
    Victor.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Category getting remove from existing events on import’ is closed to new replies.