Category Description in 3.0

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Category Description in 3.0

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    jebs38
    Participant

I had used this suggestion to get descriptions to show on my calendar category pages before the 3.0 update:

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/category-description-at-the-top-of-the-calendar/#post-16755

Now that is not working and I have tried it several different ways to no affect. Can anyone tell me how I should rework this, or is this not possible anymore?

John

jebs38
    Participant

Hello! Is anybody home? I know you guys are backed up with lots of requests.

Andy Fragen

Did you make the appropriate changes for 3.0 by changing THEME/events to THEME/tribe-events?

jebs38
    Participant

Yes, I did Andy.

Andy Fragen

John, since there is no longer a gridview.php file this previous solution won’t work. Where in your month view would you like the category description to appear?

jebs38
    Participant

I would like it to appear at the top of the listing page, just under the category title. With that format I will be able to add calendar sponsor ad code into the top of each category calendar. It is already working for my post categories. I just need to get it to work for the custom post type category pages.

I assume we just need a different expression for “echo term_description();” ??? I tried several different expressions to no avail.

John

Andy Fragen

John, try this

Andy Fragen

Sorry, put that code in your functions.php file. You don’t need to create a new override template view.

jebs38
    Participant

I tried that and it did nothing. Let me try it again on my test site with the default theme.

jebs38
    Participant

No go. I tried it on the test site with 2011 theme.

Andy Fragen

Strange at it works on my dev site in 2012. Are you sure the functions.php file you’re putting it in is for the active theme? You can see it working at http://drfragen.info/events/category/conference/

Andy Fragen

When I added it to the 2011 theme’s functions.php file it worked here.

jebs38
    Participant

Andy, I am still trying to get it to work. I did not have it in the correct functions file and I still working with it.

Andy Fragen

I’m guessing it’ll be the /themes/canvas-bnj/functions.php file. Create one if it doesn’t exist.

jebs38
    Participant

This reply is private.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
  • The topic ‘Category Description in 3.0’ is closed to new replies.