Categories – Importing from Outlook ICS

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Categories – Importing from Outlook ICS

• This topic has 0 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Jamie Sythes.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Jamie Sythes
    Participant

Hi,

We have multiple categories on our outlook ICS – each event has a category assigned. For example;
    Event 1 – Orange Category
    Event 2 – Blue Category
    Event 3 – Purple Category
    Event 4 – Orange Category
    Event 5 – Orange Category
    Event 6 – Purple Category
    etc

I can’t seem to get the category to import with the event using the scheduled imports.

A link to the calendar we are using is below.

https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/[email protected]/2b9420fbe81340c299af30d509c3ce9b9379863120879800315/calendar.ics

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Jaime,

Thanks for reaching out!

I checked the feed you provided and it looks like outlook does not give over the different categories for the events. Since the data is not present when it’s getting pulled, it cannot be saved with your events. I’m sorry. This is beyond what we can do as we don’t control what feed is provided by Outlook 365.

Could you give me an example of an event and a category it belongs to so I can take a more detailed look? Just to double check.

Cheers,
    Andras

Jamie Sythes
    Participant

Hi Andras,

You are absolutely correct – I checked the feed and noticed the categories aren’t there, so I tried a different approach – export the calendar to ICS from outlook and upload. This has kind of worked, but now I have an issue where certain events are ignored and can’t figure out why.

I have attached the test file I’m working with – only 14 of the 32 events import. Can you help me figure out why?

For example;
    Thame World Village Market on the 13th of April doesn’t import
    Sheffield Continental Market on the 6th of May doesn’t import

Many thanks

Jamie.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Jamie,

I tested the file and getting the same results. Please give me some time while I investigate this issue deeper.

It looks like those events contain some data / text which renders them useless for the import.

Is it maybe a recurring event that has the first / starting instance in the past?

Cheers,
    Andras

Jamie Sythes
    Participant

Hi Andras,

Thank you – each of those events I copied into the new test calendar as individual occurrences instead of a series, so shouldn’t be anything related to reoccurring events.

Thanks

Jamie

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Jamie,

Did it work after your individualized them? I’m sorry, this was not clear from your post.

Do you need any further help with this?

Andras

Jamie Sythes
    Participant

Hi Andras,

Sorry I meant that the events in the file I attached to the earlier post were individualized – we are still in the same situation where only 14 of the 32 events are importing.

Thanks

Jamie

Andras
    Keymaster

I re-checked that file and for both of those events there is a line with “RECURRENCE-ID”. See the screenshot as a sample: https://cloudup.com/cRT7Umfw9Th

Once that was removed, the event showed up in my import.

If the individualization didn’t happen as we expect it, then you might need to recreate those events separately.

Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Categories – Importing from Outlook ICS’ is closed to new replies.