Categories as a drop down list in submission-form?

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Categories as a drop down list in submission-form?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    hackauf
    Participant

Is there a way to do my categories as a drop-down list, rather than check boxes? I have way too many to make check boxes feasible.
    For version 2.x of the plugin there is a guide by Barry here in the forum https://tri.be/support/forums/topic/categories-as-a-drop-down-list/ but i can find anything like that for the 3.x version.

Barry

Hi – in our current release you can do this by means of a template override. Please see our Themer’s Guide for an overview of the basic process, but basically you would be interested in customizing the community/modules/taxonomy.php template. Within the heart of that file you can see this line of code:

<?php TribeCommunityEvents::instance()->formCategoryDropdown( null, $currently_selected_category_ids ); ?>

Despite the name it actually produces checkboxes rather than a dropdown – but in any case you could replace this with your own custom code to generate a list of categories within a select element (a dropdown).

Does that help here?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Categories as a drop down list in submission-form?’ is closed to new replies.