Categories

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Categories

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    alfemand
    Participant

I got some kind of categori conflict.
    Your plugin keeps changing the url slugs of my normal post categories.
    If i create a category in your plugin with the same titlename as a category of my normal post’s, it changes my url-slugs of normal categories.

Why can’t i have the same category titlename, but with different url-slug?

Casey
    Participant

alfemand,
    Sorry to hear you’re having trouble hear, but hopefully I can help. I was just able to successfully create two new category (one post category and one event category) with the same name and slug in my test environment. Could you outline the steps you’re taking so I can attempt to recreate this in my environment? Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

alfemand
    Participant

I first created categories for your plugin and the i started to make blogpost’s and creating categories for the post’s as i went along.
    That’s when i noticed that when saving blog categories their url-slugs changed to the event categories.

Casey
    Participant

alfemand,
    Are you not able to go into Posts->Categories and manually edit/change the slugs there? Technically, it’s all right if your post category slugs are the same as your Event Category slugs because they are separate taxonomies. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

alfemand,
    I just wanted to follow up and see if you’re all set here. Just let me know if you need further help or if I should go ahead and close out this ticket. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Categories’ is closed to new replies.