Catalyst Theme

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Catalyst Theme

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Richard
    Participant

We’re working in Catalyst Theme with the Dynamik Child Theme. The Events Calendar PRO populates a page with the calendar that appears on a layout / template that we can’t seem to access. We understood it to be the default template, but it is populating on a page with a right-hand sidebar, which doesn’t exist in our theme. We’ve got no way to drop content into that sidebar or otherwise customize that page. Help!

Richard
    Participant

Here’s a link to our calendar page as it exists: http://newkehilla.rmilesllc.com/whats-happening/

Richard
    Participant

We updated the page location: http://newkehilla.rmilesllc.com/calendar/

Rob

Hey Richard. Thanks for the note here; have you checked out whether the different templating options available under Settings -> The Events Calendar help you out here? If one of those works, it’d be the easiest way to give it a go without having to jump into the code. Let me know.

Richard
    Participant

I’m not the developer, he’s away just now. I’ve gone through the entire menu of options at the Theme Settings > Event Template. It seems Catalyst ignores those. I could email you with some screen shots if that would be useful.

Richard
    Participant

From the developer:

I’ve confirmed that no matter which of the template options we choose, the page appears with a right sidebar which we cannot access from within our Catalyst Theme framework.

The part marked with ** below is always the same no matter which template we choose: (Can’t bold on forum post)

Richard
    Participant

The above post contained a snippet of code which was stripped out. I’ll try again removing the leading :

body class=”page page-id-422 ***page-template-default*** logged-in admin-bar events-gridview events-archive mac chrome home-layout child_home logo-image ez-fat-footer-4″>
    </body

Jonah
    Participant

Hey Richard, because the plugin uses a pseudo page you will need to manually assign a sidebar area. This is not too hard to do but does require some more intimate knowledge of the theme you are working with. I’ll try my best to help.

First, you will want to register a sidebar area in your functions.php file. You can do that with something like this: http://pastebin.com/FwFYpUpz

Note, you may want to add additional sidebars and/or wrap your widgets in different markup but your developer should be able to help you with this.

Then you’ll want to conditionally remove the default theme’s sidebar area and add your new sidebars to the events pages. You can do that with code along these lines: http://pastebin.com/fv8qKde2 – This code is written for the Genesis theme framework so it will need to be tailored to the Catalyst framework but again your developer should be able to do this.

After that you should have two new sidebar areas to add widgets to that you can control for your events pages.

Do note that in the upcoming 2.1 we will be making some significant template changes that will remove the necessity for something like this and it will be much easier to add sidebars for your event pages.

I hope that helps,
    Jonah

Richard
    Participant

Thanks, that is helpful. Any idea when 2.1 is coming?

Jonah
    Participant

Great, in general to make more significant changes to the event related pages you’ll probably need to use similar conditional code to check if you’re on any of those pages.

March or April is the rumor now…

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Catalyst Theme’ is closed to new replies.