Cash on door tickets

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Cash on door tickets

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    prydonian
    Participant

Is it possible, once you have the PRO and Eventbrite plugin running to have a simple “offline payment option” for some events? The people I’m dealing with run their ticket sales through Eventbrite, but they also hire out their venue to others (and advertise their events on the site) and some of them are ‘cash on the door’. Using Pro and Eventbrite doesn’t give you the option to have the cost show up on the listing as it does without the Eventbrite plugin running without a Paypal email address. Is this possible at all?

Geoff

Hi there, Mark! Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the forums, 🙂

The short answer is that I have not seen an offline payment option with a The Events Calendar PRO + Eventbrite Tickets + Eventbrite combo.

The reason is that Eventbrite doesn’t offer it. Our Eventbrite Tickets add-on integrates with the Eventbrite as far as event and ticket creation goes, but Eventbrite handles the checkout and transaction process from there. That’s a great feature idea, but it would ultimately have to come on the Eventbrite side of things.

Does this help answer your question? Please let me know and thanks again for reaching out.

Cheers!
    Geoff

P.S. I’m going to move this thread to the Eventbrite category since it was filed under EDD Tickets. 🙂

prydonian
    Participant

Hi Geoff

Are there any solutions for this? In the other thread, someone had posted a solution, but the links were dead. I just need an option for Eventbrite ticket sales and cash on the door.

Geoff

Hey there, Mark. Shoot, sorry, there unfortunately are no solutions on our end when it comes to the Eventbrite integration.

I saw the thread you’re referring to and that was specific to the WooTickets add-on. The links being shared were screenshots to confirm a configuration in WooCommerce and the recommendation was to contact WooCommerce support for more guidance.

I hope this helps clarify things a bit further! Sorry I don’t have a concrete solution to offer here, but I hope it does at least answer your question.

Cheers!
    Geoff

prydonian
    Participant

I’ve installed the WooCommerce tickets plugin and added a cash on the door ticket, but it’s still not showing up in the price box in the main loop as the Eventbrite ticket prices do.

Geoff

Hi Mark, thanks for following up!

Neither plugin will display the ticket prices in the main blog loop, unless the main blog loop has been customized to do that. For example, you can add tribe_get_cost() to your blog template’s loop output the cost of the event.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
    Geoff

prydonian
    Participant

I have
    <?php if ( tribe_get_cost() ) : ?>
    <div class=”tribe-events-event-cost”>
    <span><?php echo tribe_get_cost( null, true ); ?></span>
    </div>
    <?php endif; ?>
    in the loop, the WooCommerce prices don’t show up, but the Eventbrite ones do

Geoff

Hi there, Mark!

Try adding this snippet to your theme’s functions.php file. I was able to use it and display ticket prices in the List View when adding it.

Give that a shot and let me know what you find. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

prydonian
    Participant

I’ve done that, but Wootickets is only showing ticket prices for none recurring events. Many of the venue’s clients are recurring hirers and will want the ticket price against each of the events on the calendar. Is there any way to do that?

Geoff

Hi there, Mark!

Outside of the options I’ve already shared, I’m not aware of any other way to do this right out of the box. It might be possible to accomplish it with some additional custom development, but that’s beyond what we can support here in the forums.

However, I have tried that snippet in my local installation and created a recurring event and the price does display for me in List View after adding a ticket via WooTickets. Here’s a screenshot of my event settings and one of the event after publishing in case that helps recreate the scenario.

Cheers!
    Geoff

prydonian
    Participant

It looks like the version of ECP I was using was out of date. Once I’d updated, the recurring tickets showed up perfectly. Thanks for your help (and patience).

Geoff

Sweet, that’s great! I’m so glad that worked out. Awesome job and thanks for hanging in there with me.

I’ll go ahead and close this thread, but please feel free to hit us up with a new one if any other questions pop up. We’d be happy to help. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Cash on door tickets’ is closed to new replies.