Cart page is not seeing the tickets

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Cart page is not seeing the tickets

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Salina Buchan
    Participant

I have set up the Calendar (non-PRO) and we have purchased WooCommerce Tickets. It all set up really easily but when I choose the number of tickets when testing and “Add to Cart”, the cart page comes up with “Sorry, this product cannot be purchased.”

I have checked all the settings and even checked with a colleague to see if he had seen this before. I’ve added in the woocommerce.php file as required as well, although that shouldn’t affect the cart. The page isn’t broken, it just returns an odd result.

It might be something very simple. Can you please take a look for me?

Thank you!

Geoff

Hi Salina!

Thanks for reaching out and sorry for the trouble here–this is definitely odd and I see what you mean. I tried adding tickets to the cart from an event page and got the same error message you did.

I see that you already tried:

Deactivated all other plugins? Yes
    Switched to a default theme? Yes

Did you notice any difference in those conditions? How about when deactivating all other plugins and switching to a default theme (like Twenty Fifteen) at the same time? I only ask because I want to definitely rule out the possibility of a conflict with the Brooklyn theme or another installed plugin.

I also wonder if the same thing happens for other types of Products as well, and not just tickets. Will you please try adding a test product to WooCommerce, visit the shop, add that test product to the cart and see if the same error message comes up?

Lastly, just a few quick questions about theĀ woocommerce.php file you mentioned. Did you add this in addition to what came bundled with the WooCommerce plugin? Did you make any customizations to it, even if they don’t seem related to the cart? What happens if you remove it?

Let’s start there and see what we find. šŸ™‚

Cheers!
    Geoff

Salina Buchan
    Participant

Thanks, Geoff,

I’ve done the things you’ve asked and here are the results:

1. Deactivated all non-WooCommerce plugins and switched to the Twenty-Fifteen theme — still does it
    2. Added a new product directly into WooCommerce and tried to purchase it — the product does not show up on the shop page (it’s an empty page even after I published it — but see #3). The product, however, does show up in it’s own single product page
    3. Removed the woocommerce.php file — still does it, HOWEVER, the new product (non-ticket product) does now show on the Shop page

As for the woocommerce.php, yes I added it in addition to what was already in the theme and made the change to the loop as WooCommerce instructed here: http://docs.woothemes.com/document/third-party-custom-theme-compatibility/ Except for the shop page not showing up, it didn’t seem to be breaking the function/site at all. (?)

Anything else I can try?

Thanks!

Geoff

Hi Salina,

Thanks for trying those ideas out with me–I really appreciate it!

Just a couple of other questions as we dig deeper:

• Are your tickets live in WooCommerce? For example, if you head to Products from the WordPress dashboard and click on one of those tickets, does it show as Published? Just want to make sure they didn’t somehow end up in Draft mode.
    • Are you hiding the price of the tickets on the front end? I noticed that the pricing information is not displayed in the ticket form. The price is usually included in there, even if the ticket is free (screenshot). Is there a reason it’s not showing here?
    • Have you possibly created any variations of the tickets in WooCommerce? It’s a little far-fetched but just want to rule it out just in case.

Thanks for your patience as we look into this!

Geoff

Salina Buchan
    Participant

No problem. I appreciate the help, truly.

Here are a few more things for you:

• They are published. The prices, however, don’t show on the Products listing page on the backend. They are in the price field within the product itself, however. Pricing screenshot Good call to check that.
    • No, there is no reason for them to be hidden. Or rather, I haven’t done anything on purpose to hide them. I did think it was weird that the price didn’t show on the order form.
    • No, I’ve just used the tickets as set up by the ticketing plugin. The test product I set up yesterday is just a simple (no variations) product as well.

Please let me know if you’d like credentials to go in and poke around. I’m okay with that. I’m happy to continue this too, if that works better for you.

Thanks again!

Geoff

Geez, this is puzzling! Thanks for working with me on this — I’m both interested from a detective perspective and frustrated from a general “this should be working!” perspective. šŸ™‚

If you could bear with me, I’d like to try a bit of deeper troubleshooting and try creating a fresh test site–this will avoid any disruption to your live site and ensure that we’ve effectively got a “clean canvas” to work with. I think this will be helpful because we’ll effectively start with a default state, and try to reintroduce the issue at various points to see where it’s coming from.

• Please install a fresh copy of WordPress in a subdirectory (if you have cPanel hosting account there will probably be a one-click install to make this really easy)
    • Don’t install anything except The Events Calendar, WooCommerce and WooCommerce Tickets
    • Please also stick to a default theme (like Twenty Fifteen)–again, there’s no need to install anything else just yet!
    • Create a test event with a ticketĀ so we have some test data to work with
    • Does the same error pop up when trying to add a ticket to the cart?

If you find you can replicate the problem under these conditions it would be awesome if you could stop and let us know so we can take a look while the site is still running under default conditions.

Thanks for your help and patience with this — I’m really excited to figure this issue out with you!

Geoff

Salina Buchan
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff

Hi Saliina,

Thanks so much for setting this up — it helps a ton!

The strange thing that sticks out to me is that your cart page (/cart) is completely empty on the test site. Typically, thisĀ page will display something, even if the cart is empty (screenshot).

My honest hunch here is that there is a setting in WooCommerce that has gone awry and preventing products from properly adding to the cart. I’m not sure if it’s a setting that’s specific to Checkout or even a customized template, but that blank page seems to indicate something is happening on the WooCommerce side of things rather than WooCommerce Tickets.

The other thing you could try is to create a test non-Ticket product on the test site and see if that successfully adds to the cart. Still, I would suggest looking into any possible settings or customizations — even to the point of trying a fresh copy of WooCommerce on the test site — to try to pinpoint where that is coming from and even perhaps reaching out to WooCommerce to see if they can shed any light on this as well.

Please do keep me posted!

Geoff

Salina Buchan
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

So, WooCommerce has been checking into it too. It is something to do with WooTickets, sadly. When I turn off all the WooTickets and Events Calendar plugins, the cart works perfectly. When I add in Events Calendar, the cart is still great. However, when I turn on WooTickets, that’s when the party starts.

Have you had any strokes of insight over the last few days, by any chance?

Geoff

Hi Salina,

There is definitely something fishy happening here, but I can’t quite put my finger on it.

For example, here is how the Cart page looks on my test site in default conditions. Notice that it tells me the Cart is empty and gives me the option to Return to Shop.

And here is how itĀ appears on your test site. Notice that it behaves more like a regular page, where Comments are enabled and the content area is blank.

The fact that we are seeing different things in default conditions makes me think that one of two things is happening:

• Our WooCommerce settings are different
    • Our WooCommerce installations are different

Let’s check a few more things:

• Do you have any snippets in your test site’sĀ functions.php file (or somewhere similar) that customize WooCommerce or WooCommerce Tickets? If so, please remove them and try again.
    • Do you have a folder in your test site’s theme directory calledĀ woocommerceĀ orĀ tribe-events? If so, please remove them and try again.

If those don’t do the trick, then it would be great if you could do the following on your test site:

Sorry for the extra lifting here, but I just want to make sure that the plugins are all fully installed in the event that something didn’t fully upload or take the first time around.

Thanks again for all your help!

Geoff

Salina Buchan
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff

This reply is private.

Salina Buchan
    Participant

This reply is private.

Salina Buchan
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff

Hi Salina,

So glad this works out for you:

When I go into WooCommerce and add the already existing ticket to the test category, Update it, and then remove the test category and reUpdate, the price shows on the event and the ticket adds to the cart.

Thanks for sharing that with me and sorry I wasn’t able to replicate the same issue here on my end. I’m not thrilled aboutĀ the extra needed step but I’m also glad there seems to be a resolution that makes the transactions process function as it should.

Cheers,
    Geoff

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘Cart page is not seeing the tickets’ is closed to new replies.