Capacity Issues

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Capacity Issues

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Russell
    Participant

I am having great details with the new capacity functionality.

I have an event which has 3 tickets; platinum, silver and gold. I have 300 tickets in total across them and can sell any number in any ticket band so long as the total does not exceed 300.

When I put 300 as the combined capacity, I end up with WooCommerce showing this as 300 tickets per ticket type with a total of 900! It is also showing in brackets. With some sales already made, the correct numbers show fine in EC but online when displayed (I have now hidden the number of tickets available for obvious reasons!), it shows as 300 available in each ticket band!

I have now changed everything to unlimited capacity in the interim but would like to have this resolved asap.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Russell!

Thanks for getting in touch! Let me help you with this topic.

First, my apologies for a bit of delay in getting back to you. We’ve been having a higher demand in our forums that caused us some delay.

Having 3 tickets with a shared capacity of 300, without limiting sales to a portion of the shared capacity will show 300 available for each of them. This doesn’t mean you will be able to sell 900 tickets, as you can see their capacity will decrease when selecting a number of tickets to add to the cart. Do you experience a different behaviour?

Also, it should not display a total of 900 tickets anywhere. Does it show this total? If so, please let us know where. You can send us a screenshot or share a link to the event.

Please let me know how that goes.

Thanks,
    Victor

Russell
    Participant

Thanks

The main issue now is that if I add the ticket availability to each ticket and make it 300 globally, the amounts appear in brackets suggesting a deficit, or am I misunderstanding ? Even though some have sold, it still says 300 available for each ticket.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Russell!

Thanks for following up with this.

the amounts appear in brackets suggesting a deficit

I’m not sure I understand what you mean by this. Could you please send us a screenshot of where you are seeing those numbers in brackets?

Does that show after you have changed your tickets to be unlimited capacity?

Please let me know about it, so I can run some tests and try to replicate your situation.

Thanks,
    Victor

Russell
    Participant

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Russell!

Thanks for coming back with the screenshot.

That is the correct behaviour. The tickets Capacity and Availability are always shown in parentheses to indicate they share their capacity. While setting a capacity for one ticket only will show it without parentheses.

I can now understand how that might be confusing as you could interpret it as being a negative capacity. Just to clear things out, capacity or availability can never be a negative number. If, for any reason the number of Complete ticket sales does not match the number of attendees, you will get a red exclamation mark in each ticket stating that.

I hope that clears things out. I will take note about this so we can update the Knowledgebase articles to include this information.

Do let me know if you have any follow up questions about it.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Capacity Issues’ is closed to new replies.