Capacity issue — over selling tickets

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Capacity issue — over selling tickets

• This topic has 0 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Steve.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Steve
    Participant

We’ve released some tickets this morning which had individual capacities set (no shared capacities). However the settings have been ignored and ticket sales have exceeded the capacities.

I’ll add screen grabs to the next post, as private, as they contain sensitive data.

Steve
    Participant

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Steve!

I’m sorry you are experiencing that issue. Let me help you with it.

Unfortunately, we are aware of this issue that results in Unlimited Availability showing up regardless of the ticket capacity.

I will set this thread’s status to “Pending fix” and link it to the bug report. It will be addressed in one of our next maintenance releases of our plugins. We will notify you as soon as a bug fix is released.

The issue is being caused by two possible reasons:

• The Stock Management is not enabled in WooCommerce (WooCommerce > Settings > Products > Inventory > Enable stock management). Or:
    • After making an Independent Capacity ticket, you manually uncheck the Manage Stock? option for the ticket product in WooCommerce. (see image below)

In the meantime, the workaround for this would be to enable the stock management in WooCommerce.

I apologise for the inconvenience and we appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Best,
    Victor

Steve
    Participant

Hi Victor

Thanks for the update and temp fix. Hopefully you’ll release an update soon.

Thanks
    Steve

Victor
    Keymaster

Sure thing Steve. We can’t really commit to a date, but I’ve just checked the bug report and it seems a fix is intended to be released in our next week’s maintenance release.

We’ll keep you posted about it.

Steve
    Participant

Hi Victor

Do we have any updates on this please? This is a major issue for our client who has important ticket sales this week (including today). They are having to literally sit and watch ticket sales so that they can stop them once they hit their limit — a really bad situation.

We already have your workaround in place but it’s not working. We have the stock enabled at a product level and did have this in place before I opened the ticket. Do you have any other suggestions?

In the short term, is using an older version of your plugin (which was working as intended with managing inventory this time last year) possible? Or any other options you can possibly think of?

Do you have a beta release that we could try, anything really please.

Regards
    Steve

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Steve,

First, my apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

I have just checked the bug report and unfortunately we are not going to be able to tackle this one in our next maintenance release. It seems this issue is connected to another one and both need to be addressed at the same time.

I’m sorry the workaround did not work for you. This might be due to the fact that one of your tickets has unlimited capacity and as a consequence it makes all your other tickets unlimited. You could try setting a very high limited capacity for that ticket and see if it changes that behaviour (in addition to making sure that stock management is enabled at product level).

Using an older version of our plugins should be another workaround, as this issue is only present in Event Tickets 4.6 and up. If you decide to roll back to an older version, please make sure you try it out in a staging environment and make a full backup of your site, so in case anything breaks you can restore your site.

I’m really sorry this is being such a pain to your client. I can totally understand your frustration. Rest assured we take this issue very seriously (as well as all others) and we are actively working on a fix.

Let me know how it goes and if you have other questions in the meantime.

Best,
    Victor

Steve
    Participant

Hi Victor

The pressure is off now as we’ve completed the ticket sales but I would like to know when it’s been fixed so is there a way that I could be updated when it’s happened?

Many thanks
    Steve

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Steve!

Thanks for following up with this.

I don’t have an update on this ticket yet. But this thread is already linked to the corresponding bug report, so rest assured we will notify you here once the fix is released so you can try it out and see if it works in your site.

Best,
    Victor

Hi There!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about this release —> https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-25-march-2018/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Jaime

Steve
    Participant

Hi

That’s great thanks, we’ll give it a try.

Victor
    Keymaster

Sure thing Steve! Don’t hesitate to reach out to us if anything comes up. 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Capacity issue — over selling tickets’ is closed to new replies.