Capabilities

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Capabilities

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    John
    Participant

How to assign the events calendar pro post types and its taxonomies to a specific role?

You would need to use some kind of role manager plugin. I don’t have a preferred option to offer off the cuff as there are a number of them, but maybe someone can suggest something. Since PRO simply uses a custom post type, just make sure that they are supported in the plugin you pick.

John
    Participant

i’ve trying adding a capability to a role, such as read_tribe_events but its not appearing. Perhaps I am doing something wrong?

John

Hmm, to be honest I’m not sure how that plugin works. Events are just standard post types, so any plugin that works on custom post types should work on events.

John
    Participant

I’ve tried with some custom post type management plugin, it can’t seem to identify events. do you have any plugin suggestions?

Brian
    Participant

I recommend “Members” plugin by Justin Tadlock http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/members/

Then you just need to add the necessary capabilities ….I’m not exactly sure what you’d name the capability for Events Calendar ….most other plugins seem to start the capability names with the plugin name…. e.g. Gravity Forms uses gravityforms_view_entries ….and Nextgen Gallery looks like… NextGEN Edit album

Perhaps the devs could let us know the exact capability slug we should be using for event calendar? Thanks

John
    Participant

Thanks, Brain. I can’t seem to get the capability names to work. Like i’ve stated above, I’ve tried edit_tribe_events, and edit_events, etc.. but its not working.

Also, how would you remove venues or organizers?

Brian
    Participant

John, it’s all down to knowing what naming convention the devs of the events plugin have given the roles…..if any…So, we just have to wait to see if they can provide that info….

Like I said, the other examples (gravity forms, nextgen gallery) use the plugin name first, then the capability….So, your guess is as good as mine for what the event calendar pro uses….

I’ll poke john and see what we can rustle up. =)

John
    Participant

Thanks! I look forward to this bearing some fruits!

Adam
    Participant

I second the members plugin. One little dirty trick I do with client sites is create admin and superadmin roles. That way the end user can’t mess with editing plugins and the theme. (And then expect me to fix it!)

John
    Participant

The members plugin I don’t think solves my problem. Whether I’m using a plugin to manage my capabilities or manually doing so through the functions.php, I still need to know the unique capabilities name of the event calendar; the unique name was probably defined during the registering custom post type stage in order to add the separate capabilities. Such as edit, delete, update, etc.. to a custom post type. Right now all I have in the members plugin is edit, delete, update, etc.. to post. Unless the members plugin is supposed to automatically know what the capabilities unique names are, I don’t know what to do.

Again, I’m a newbie, so please if I said something wrong, let me know as I am still learning.

Thanks!

Rob

I talked with our developer John about this today, and it looks like we haven’t actually specified capabilities for the ECP custom post type; we’re going to plan on doing this for a future 2.x release though. Thanks for the heads up and apologies I couldn’t offer up more in the interim.

Kevin
    Participant

I’ve noticed that with Justin Tadlock’s Members plugin installed, the settings page for The Events Calendar is no longer accessible. There’s no option to be able to allow it to be visible/hidden when managing user roles.

Has anyone else tried this plugin and experienced this? Any idea on how to make it accessible again while having the Members plugin active?

Rob

Weird; that’s the first I’ve heard of this. Have you reached out to Jason about this? Let me know if not and I’ll go ahead and do so myself. Thanks Kevin.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘Capabilities’ is closed to new replies.