Can't use saved venues: "no saved venues yet"

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Can't use saved venues: "no saved venues yet"

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Alan
    Participant

Hi,
    don’t know if it’s a bug or i’m doing something wrong, but when i add a new event, it says ‘No saved venues yet.’ although i added several venues previously.

EDIT: Solved the problem: the action ‘exclude_events_category’ was causing the issue.

Rob

Thanks for the heads up, Alan, and for confirming that you got this resolved. It sounds like you’re all set here but if you need anything else from us down the road just holler.

Grant Bivens
    Participant

Alan,
    Can you elaborate on where this function is located? I’ve looked through the main files of TEC and TEC Pro and can’t find it anywhere. I’m experiencing the same issue for all users with a role less than Editor. Editors can see the saved venues just fine but anyone lower just get the “no saved venues yet” message.

This is a big problem for me as I have a very complex site and am using RoleScoper to manage who can edit what. By default everyone is set as a subscriber and granted access to edit just their sections.

Thanks,

Rob

Grant, does this happen to you even with the 2.0.8 codebase? If we don’t hear from Alan over the next day or so, ping me in here and I can try to get a dev from our team to help figure this out for you.

Grant Bivens
    Participant

Yes, I’ve got everything at the current latest version. I’m a little behind on WP core updates… I’m at 3.3.1 so that also might be a factor. I’ve got a temporary fix in place for now as I don’t have time to test and debug this further. I just though I would see if Alan would mind sharing his fix.

Joyce Grace

Hello Grant, for what it’s worth, you might want to check out this article by Joost de Valk about the importance of updating WordPress before plugins: http://yoast.com/upgrade-wordpress/

He does go on a bit of a rant there regarding his own plugin, but he is a WordPress expert and the point he makes overall still stands true.

In case Alan can’t get a working solution to you, I would say you should definitely spend the time to upgrade. Not upgrading is like not putting oil in your car – eventually it will die. Many plugins are built to the latest WordPress standards (or at least they should be), so there can really be some conflict there down the road that will become bigger than just this one issue.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Can't use saved venues: "no saved venues yet"’ is closed to new replies.