Can't upgrade due to category checkboxes disapearing

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Can't upgrade due to category checkboxes disapearing

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jussibr
    Participant

I have downgraded back to previous version due to this pretty radical change to the way Community events has always worked.
    My site has many event categories with sub categories. The site navigation is based around these categories as well as custom post types that display events by category or tag.

Categories are by region, type of events, holiday guides, etc… There is no way for a user to be able to ‘guess’ what they might be – they need to see a list and select the correct categories. The new system is such a step backwards for my users – it is not intuitive at all.

I have seen a few code snippets to add the categories back in – but it looks like I will lose the hierarchy of my categories which is also VERY important.

I need to either find a solution to this problem before I can upgrade my Events Calendar plug-ins. Please Help!

========================
    PLEASE LEAVE FOR SUPPORT
    Reporting the same issue as: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/event-category-check-boxes-are-missing-after-4-5-1-update/

Victor
    Keymaster

Hello Justine!

Thanks for reaching out to us! Let me try to help you with that issue.

Have you tried the customization given by Patricia here > https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/error-message-when-adding-an-event/#dl_post-1322320 ?

It seems that is a good approach to getting checkboxes back again.

Let us know about it.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Can't upgrade due to category checkboxes disapearing’ is closed to new replies.