Can’t Uninstall Eventbrite Tickets

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Can’t Uninstall Eventbrite Tickets

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Mike Ruman
    Participant

When I try to uninstall or even deactivate the Eventbrite Tickets plugin it errors out my site. I’ve tried all the solutions in the forums and nothing is working.

Courtney

Hi Mike

I’m sorry you are still stuck. I hope we can get this resolved soon.

The option of last resort is to carefully and manually handle this via server-side settings.  Have you tried to delete the plugin via ftp and drop tables in the database?

If you haven’t exhausted this method, let me know. I’ll send along more detailed steps on how to do this.

It might help to also know who your webhost is.

Thanks,
    Courtney 🙂

Mike Ruman
    Participant

I deleted the files via FTP but couldn’t find the correct tables in the database. If you have those I’d love some help figuring that part of it out.

Thanks!
    – Mike

Mike Ruman
    Participant

Any my host is WPEngine

Courtney

Hi Mike,

Is your site working properly now? Are you needing to delete old events from Eventbrite?

Thanks,
    Courtney 🙂

Mike Ruman
    Participant

No. Can you let me know what tables I have to manually delete?

Courtney

Hi Mike, I’m going to escalate this ticket for some extra help. Standyby for more…

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Mike,

Sorry for the difficulties with the errors.

There are no tables to delete. Our plugin is a “WordPress custom post type”. In WordPress it is strongly encouraged to not create tables whenever possible, and instead make full use of the WP API. Which is what we are doing here.

Would you mind clarifying what errors you are seeing when you deactivate? Can you copy/paste the exact errors here? Also, could you try a “conflict test”? This guide walks you through how to test for a conflict, and then identify what is conflicting.  It is extremely likely that the errors you are getting are the result of another plugin, or your theme, assuming that EventBrite tickets is still present. When it tries to access it, errors result. Thus a conflict test would be able to help narrow what is causing those errors, and thus help us find a fix for you.

What is your goal here? Are you simply trying to uninstall and get rid of Eventbrite, maybe replacing it with an alternate plugin? Or are you trying to reset and reinstall Eventbrite for some reason?

Once I know more about your needs I think we can help you better. At the outset I answered your question of where are the missing tables. But obviously now that you know there aren’t any, that answer is unlikely to solve your problem. So if you don’t mind explaining the problem a bit more I’m sure we can make real progress.

Cheers!

– Brook

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Can’t Uninstall Eventbrite Tickets’ is closed to new replies.