Cant' Seem to Get Styles Changed

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Cant' Seem to Get Styles Changed

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    allisonr
    Participant

On my event listing page, the event name shows up in white…on a white background. I’ve seen a few other posts but the fix seems more complex than it needs to be. What style sheet do I need to update? I’d either like to update the page background or the h2 tag on my event pages. Would greatly appreciate some advice. I’m comfortable with CSS but a little rusty.

Casey
    Participant

allisonr,
    Thanks for reaching out! Take a look at our themer’s guide, which will help you understand how to include your own CSS style overrides.

Give that a read and let me know if you have further questions. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

allisonr
    Participant

Casey,
    I have looked at that quite a bit and again, seems really complex! To add one very minor style change, I have to upload an entirely new css file? I can’t just add it to the existing style sheet? That’s how I’m understanding it but want to be sure.

Casey
    Participant

allisonr,
    You can definitely add the styles to your own stylesheet, but keep in mind that your style customizations will be lost if you update your theme. You’ll also want to keep in mind that your theme’s stylesheet might be included in the page before the Events Calendar stylesheets, in which case your styles would take a lower priority and be overridden.

By performing a proper CSS stylesheet override as I suggested above, you can avoid these two potential pitfalls. Hope that helps! Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

allisonr
    Participant

I think I’m not explaining myself well enough. I don’t want to edit my THEME css. I want to edit the css for this plugin. For example: When I am in list view…seems like it should be really easy to just change the color of the font for the event title. I don’t know which .css file to modify for that. Or will that also be removed if I update the plugin?

Casey
    Participant

allisonr,
    Sorry I didn’t explain that more clearly before, but yes, if you modify the plugin’s CSS files directly, they will be overwritten on the next update. So, your best bet is to perform the CSS style overrides that I mentioned above and see if that does the trick for you. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

allisonr
    Participant

Thanks Casey. I will try to go that route…

Casey
    Participant

Great! Just let me know if you have further questions here and I’ll see what I can do to help. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

I just wanted to follow up and see if you’re all set here or if you still have further questions. Just let me know if you have further questions or if I should go ahead and close out this thread. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

moonbridge
    Participant

Sorry to dig this up, but I’m facing a similar problem. I want to change the background color of all event pages (now it somehow adopts the color of my menu bar, but it should be white instead).
    I created /tribe-events/tribe-events.css
    and added these lines to see if they have any effect:

.single-tribe_events .tribe-events-event-meta {
    background: #fff;
    }

However, there is no change…where did I go wrong?

Casey
    Participant

allisonr,
    Since I haven’t heard back from you here, I’m going to go ahead and close out this thread. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! πŸ™‚

moonbridge,
    If your issue is the same as the above please do feel free to monitor this thread, but if you need assistance for your own specific scenario it would be great if you could create a fresh thread of your own. Thanks!

-Casey-

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Cant' Seem to Get Styles Changed’ is closed to new replies.