Can't save tickets

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Can't save tickets

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    teamworks
    Participant

When adding a ticket to an event it says the ticket has been saved however when I refresh the page the ticket is no longer attached to the event and does not appear in the tickets section.

teamworks
    Participant

This reply is private.

teamworks
    Participant

This is the data sent with the request to add a ticket:
    action:tribe-ticket-add-TribeEDDTickets
    formdata:ticket_provider=TribeEDDTickets&ticket_name=test&ticket_description=test&ticket_price=123&ticket_start_date=2014-02-01&ticket_start_hour=08&ticket_start_minute=00&ticket_start_meridian=am&ticket_end_date=2014-02-28&ticket_end_hour=05&ticket_end_minute=00&ticket_end_meridian=pm&ticket_edd_stock=123&ticket_edd_sku=123&ticket_id=

and this is the response:
    {“success”:true,”data”:”<div class=\”wrap\”><div class=\”updated\”><p>Your ticket has been saved.<\/p><\/div><\/div>”}

Everything looks like it has worked but when I revisit the event the ticket is not present. I’ve also tried updating the post after adding the ticket.

Julie Kuehl
    Participant

<p>Hey teamworks,</p><p>OK, thanks for all that info. Walk me through this just a bit. As you create a new event, you also create an EDD ticket for that event and save the ticket and then publish the event. When you go to the event, you don’t see the ticket info attached to it. Is that right? Does the ticket show as saved on the event entry screen? https://cloudup.com/cDqSLyj0NnD Does the ticket show up in the Downloads list? Also, it looks like the date you specified is for a date in the past (ticket_start_date=2014-02-01). Tickets won’t show up for events that have passed. Have you tried for an event in the future?</p><p>- Julie</p>

teamworks
    Participant

Sorry for the late reply, I’ve been out of the office until now.
    That is correct. For the particular scenario I followed this procedure:

– Create and publish a new event.
    – Edit that event to add tickets.
    – Create the ticket, save the ticket. I am notified at this point that the ticket has saved.
    – Hit update event.
    – Ticket is no longer saved and does not appear on the event detail screen or in the tickets section.

The date you are referring to in the past is the date which the ticket goes on sale. Not the event date. The ticket_end_date is 2014-02-28 which is in the future.

The event is visible on the website but there is no option to purchase tickets available.

I’ve tried all manner of combinations using ticket start dates in the past, current date, future dates.

Under no circumstance does the ticket actually save even though the ajax response indicates it has.

Julie Kuehl
    Participant

Hey teamworks,

Have you tried disabling all the plugins and reverting to the Twenty Twelve theme? Does the problem still occur then?

– Julie

teamworks
    Participant

Ok I installed a fresh copy of wordpress with the twentytwelve theme, edd and edd tickets and everything worked. I gradually added all of my other plugins and everything still worked. I installed my theme and everything still worked!

I had two sites with seemingly the same set of plugins and the same theme, one working, one not…. ?!

After much head scratching I went through everything again and it seems the difference is this.

On the site that works I have WPML Multilingual CMS Version 3.0.2-a installed.

On the site that doesn’t work I have WPML Multilingual CMS Version 3.1.4-b4

I had installed the beta version of wpml in order to try and fix a seperate issue and it seems that it causes a problem with edd tickets.

Just a bit of further insight incase anyone comes across the same problem.

With WPML Multilingual CMS Version 3.1.4-b4 installed the issue is as described above. It appears as though the tickets aren’t saving. If however you disable the plugin and look at the event again the tickets suddenly appear, so they are saved but there must be some hook or filter running that is causing them to not display with the plugin activated.

It seems to work fine with the latest stable release of wpml.

Diego
    Participant

Hi, we have the same issue creating a EDD ticket. With the versions 3.6.1 TEC, 3.6 EDD Tickets and 3.1.5 of WPML Multilingual CMS is not possible to create EDD tickets. A workaround is as follows:
    1. Deactivate WPML Multilingual CMS
    2. Edit the event and create the ticket.
    3. Activate again WPML Multilingual CMS.
    I hope it is solved in a next version.

teamworks
    Participant

Hi,

Sorry to drag up and old topic but this is still an issue for me.

Due to other bugs the time has come that I my hand has been forced into upgrading wpml to the latest version 3.1.6

With this version installed the inability to save tickets has started happening again.

I’m cross posting as it seems that each plugin is passing the buck to the other. Please see here for more details:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/easy-digital-downloads-tickets-cant-save-tickets-when-wpml-is-activated/

If anyone can shed some light on the difference between WPML 3.0.2a and 3.1.6 and why it might cause eddtickets to stop working I’d be really grateful.

Logically it seems that edd tickets needs updating in order to work with the latest version of WPML.

teamworks
    Participant

The guys over at WPML have said they will be in touch about fixing the compatibility issues. It works in WPML 3.0.2a but not 3.1.6 so it looks as though there’s something in the update that’s causing the issue.

See the thread here – http://wpml.org/forums/topic/easy-digital-downloads-tickets-cant-save-tickets-when-wpml-is-activated/#post-444775

Barry

As this topic is almost a year old at this point we’ll go ahead and close it out. WPML compatibility is still on the radar and we’ll be sure to post updates on our blog as and when it progresses 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Can't save tickets’ is closed to new replies.