Can't save options for sidebar widget

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Can't save options for sidebar widget

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Craig
    Participant

I’m trying to save the sidebar widget “Events List: Upcoming Events” without the JSON-LD data, but I keep getting the alert the options aren’t saved when trying to leave the page. This is through Appearance -> Widgets.

The number of queries is too high with JSON-LD data produced, so I really want to turn it off for increased page speed.

I have disabled all other plugins and have switched on 2017 theme. All TEC plugins are updated to the latest version.

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi Craig,

I am seeing this behavior in my own test install as well.

I have just created a bug ticket for this. Unfortunately, I can’t provide a timeline for the fix. But someone will follow up with you here once it has been released to make sure the issue has been resolved.

Let us know if you have any other questions in the meantime.

Thanks,
    Sky

Mathew
    Participant

I opened my own ticket on this same issue. To expand on the issue, it effect all of the TEC widgets. If you notice, the Done button disappears and never returns when saving TEC widget settings. Not clicking done button is the cause of the leave page alert and loss of CERTAIN settings (not all, but yes the JSON).

Sky
    Keymaster

Thanks for chiming in Matthew!

Still have not heard back on the ticket, so there is no change in the status of this.

Thanks for your patience.

Sky

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi There!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, including a fix for the Events List Widget not saving “Generate JSON-LD data” issue

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/release-event-tickets-4-8-event-tickets-plus-4-8/

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

As always, we suggest to setup a dev/staging site so you can make all plugin updates without disrupting the live site.

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

Just a heads up, this bug seems to have mysteriously returned after being fixed.

We are working on restoring this fix, and will let you know when it is working again.

In the meantime, if you’d like to temporarily disable the JSON-LD functionality, you can add the following snippet to your theme’s functions.php file or to a functionality plugin:

add_filter( 'tribe_events_widget_jsonld_enabled', '__return_false' );

We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing.

Thanks,
    Sky

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi There!

A new release of our plugins is out, finally including a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-30-september-2018/

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

As always, we suggest to setup a dev/staging site so you can make all plugin updates without disrupting the live site.

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Can't save options for sidebar widget’ is closed to new replies.