Can't install Event Tickets plugin

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Can't install Event Tickets plugin

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Matt
    Participant

Hi,

I am having some problems installing event tickets with the latest Events calendar, I keep getting this error:

Fatal error: Class ‘Tribe__Admin__Notice__Archive_Slug_Conflict’ not found in /var/www/bumpclub.co.uk/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Main.php on line 507

I have the latest version of wordpress and have changed the basic wordpress theme. I have disabled all plugins and then I can install it, BUT if I then reactive The Events Calendar then it crashes the site.

Any help appreciated

thanks

Matt.

George
    Participant

Sorry to hear about this Matt!

I would recommend doing all of the following steps:

• Back up your site and database.
    • Set your active theme to the “basic wordpress theme” you mention in your post here.
    • Deactivate all plugins on your site.

Once your site is in this state, proceed as follows:

• DELETE the The Events Calendar from your site. Not “deactivate”, but outright DELETE.
    • DELETE WooCommerce Tickets from your site. WooCommerce Tickets is a deprecated and defunct plugin, and is no longer supported. It is also version 3.12.x, which will cause issues with using other plugins that are version 4.x.x.
    • The replacement for WooCommerce Tickets is to install the new Event Tickets plugin, and its pro add-on Event Tickets Plus. As a WooCommerce Tickets customer, you should have an Event Tickets Plus license in your account already for free. If you don’t find this, let me know.

Once The Events Calendar and WooCommerce Tickets are both DELETED, proceed as follows:

• Go to wordpress.org/plugins/the-events-calendar and download a fresh copy of The Events Calendar. Install it and activate it on your site.
    • Any issues?
    • If not, then go to wordpress.org/plugins/event-tickets and download a fresh copy of Event Tickets. Install it and activate it on your site.
    • Any issues?
    • If not, then go to http://theeventscalendar.com/my-account/downloads and download a fresh copy of Event Tickets Plus. Install it and activate it on your site.
    • Any issues?

If you are new to Event Tickets Plus and were not aware of the news last year that it would be replacing WooCommerce Tickets, you can read more about the transition here → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/moving-to-event-tickets-plus/

The plugins have much in common, Event Tickets Plus is just better. The transition should be fairly painless.

Let us know how this all goes!

Thanks,
    George

Matt
    Participant

I fixed it!! As you were typing your response I was deleting and reinstalling.

I must have downloaded 4.2.7 somewhere as when I went back to downloads and installed 4.3rc2 it worked fine.

Thanks for your help

Matt.

George
    Participant

Thanks for the update Matt, glad to hear that things worked out. If other issues or questions ever arise, don’t hesitate to open a new thread any time.

Best of luck with your project in the meantime!

Cheers,
    George

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Can't install Event Tickets plugin’ is closed to new replies.