Can’t hook in for featured image during aggregator import

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Can’t hook in for featured image during aggregator import

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    andrew
    Participant

Hi,

I am building a site where I want each event to be in sync with a custom post type of mine, since I can only take advantage of your calendar functionality via the tribe_events post type. On user updates, or when dealing with the basic data, the tribe_events_update_meta hook works fine. However I am running into a problem when trying to sync the featured image using the aggregator.

In src/Tribe/Aggregator/Record/Abstract.php line 1213-1243, the featured image for imported items is added, however this is after any hooks I found that I can use to grab the data, and then the loop ends for each imported item šŸ™

So, how do you suggest I hook into the importer to duplicate each event into my own custom post type? I tried following the process to look for any other hooks which might provide more complete data but no luck.

Thanks,
    Andrew

Cliff

Hi, Andrew.

Thanks for your detailed question. If I’m understanding it correctly, you could probably use theĀ tribe_aggregator_event_image filter hook to listen for an image being added.

Another possible solution might be to temporarily setup (then tear down) a listener using a WP Meta API hook for the actual adding of the image to the post_meta data, but this approach likely isn’t necessary.

P.S. I don’t see anĀ Event Aggregator (EA)Ā license on your account, so if you need follow-up assistance, please create the thread from the account you’re using that has EA on it… or buy one with this account and continue this thread.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Can’t hook in for featured image during aggregator import’ is closed to new replies.