Can't get my Eventbrite Id to create a website event– errors out

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Can't get my Eventbrite Id to create a website event– errors out

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    loren
    Participant

Hello,

I originally imported my eventbrite id xxxxxxxxxxx (with some difficulty since it kept error-ing out as invalid) to my site. I could not get the ability to activate it to sell tickets on the front side due to the fact that it never gave be the ability on the backside to have it go live, (unless I tried to create it from the website side). It also produced additional organizers on my event pro plugin. So I deleted the event to start over. Now it will simply not acknowledge my event id xxxxxxxxxx at all.

Any Assistance would be great,

Loren

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Loren,

It would probably be easiest to try and see this firsthand on your own website. Can you please email me WP admin and Eventbrite access so I can verify this myself? Please indicate the event your are trying to import along with a link referencing this thread so I know what the email is for. You can email to jonah [at] tri [dot] be

Thanks,
    Jonah

Rob

Jonah: I received the information you should need in the [email protected] inbox and have forwarded to you. Let us know if you need anything else to help Loren out here.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Loren,

Sorry about the delay on this, it looks like it might be a simple issue. When you first activate the Eventbrite addon you should have been prompted to input your API key from Eventbrite. It looks like you don’t have this in place for your profile in WordPress… So here’s what you should do. Go to Eventbrite, click on the Account tab up top, and then click API User Key on the left menu. Copy the numeric key provided and go back to your WordPress website and go to Users > Your Profile and paste in the key and save. Then try the import again.

Let me know whether or not that works 🙂

Cheers,
    Jonah

loren
    Participant

Hi Jonah,
    Thanks for your time on this. I did go and confirm that the API key was already in place from eventbrite on the wordpress site. I tried the process again and reentered everything and unfortunately it still give me the same error. Nothing I have currently in the calendar is so particularly important that it can’t be recreated, should I just do a re install or will I ‘lose’ one key from my biz account?

Thank You again for your support time,

Loren

Rob

Loren: I would suggest re-trying the install, yes. Try and do it with no other plugins active if possible. You’re on WP 3.3.2, right?

As for the license issue: if you go to Account Central -> Licenses here on the tri.be site, you can manually disconnect the key from test site A (and re-add it to test site B, if needed). Keep in mind though, that while the Eventbrite API key is required for the plugin to work…the license key purchased at tri.be doesn’t have to be entered, and no functionality is lost without it.

Give that a go and let us know what it yields. Thanks for your patience so far.

Q
    Participant

I’m not sure if that little gem about the eventbrite API key being stored in the user profile is listed in the documentation anywhere – might be a good idea to make it clearer if not! – thanks..

Barry

Hi Ray – thanks for the feedback. It’s definitely a piece of information our users need to be able to find easily – and it is actually in our New User Primer (in the first section on Installing & verifying your Eventbrite Tickets license key).

It could be we also need to find other, additional ways of communicating this to end-users and we are definitely open to suggestions.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Can't get my Eventbrite Id to create a website event– errors out’ is closed to new replies.