Can't Get Community Events Add-On to Upload

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Can't Get Community Events Add-On to Upload

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jenna

I’ve been trying all day to upload the community events add-on. I’ve downloaded the .zip file and when I go to add a new plugin and upload the file it always gets stuck around 92% complete, freezes, and I get a website cannot be found error. Any idea what I can try?

Barry

Hi Jenna – sorry to hear you have experienced problems in this regard.

It rather sounds like a hosting issue to me – so two possible solutions, depending on your individual set-up and what you are comfortable doing, are:

• Use an FTP client (such as Filezilla or SmartFTP). If you unzip or “extract” the files locally on your computer you could then upload them straight to the wp-content/plugins directory
    • If your hosting account provides something like CPanel (or an equivalent tool like Plesk) you will probably be able to login to a file manager which will also let you upload the .zip archive … you could then extract it in situ
    • See the WordPress documentation on manually installating plugins for a more detailed explanation of how to do this and where the files go

Hopefully that gets you on track!

Barry

I missed out a detail – if you are using a Windows PC, and extract the files locally, you may find that you have a folder that contains two sub-folders:

• __MACOSX which you can ignore
    • the_events_calendar_community_events which is the actual plugin folder

And it is the actual plugin folder you would wish to upload (to wp-content/plugins).

Casey
    Participant

Jenna,
    Were you able to resolve this issue using Barry’s suggestions? Please let us know, so we can either close out this thread, or assist further. Thanks!

Casey
    Participant

Jenna,
    I’m closing out this thread due to inactivity. If you continue to have issues, please start a new thread. Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Can't Get Community Events Add-On to Upload’ is closed to new replies.