Can’t find the correct file to edit

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Can’t find the correct file to edit

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    apapenfuss
    Participant

I really like the widget format listed in this post: https://theeventscalendar.com/remove-calendar-image-from-calendar-widget/. However, I can’t find the file it says to edit (plugins/events-calendar-pro/views/widgets/mini-calendar-widget.php). To look for the file, I went to Plugins>Editor and then selected The Events Calendar PRO from the drop-down. Can you please tell me where I can find it?

enollo
    Participant

Hi apapenfuss,

This article seems to be referencing an old version of the plugin. However, the file it references is still in the same location in the new version, but the overwrite file you should create is now in a different location.

If you are successful in finding the file then create a new file named /themes/your-theme/tribe-events/pro/widgets/mini-calendar-widget.php and copy the contents from /plugins/events-calendar-pro/views/widgets/mini-calendar-widget.php

I can’t stress enough how important it is to avoid the Plugins Editor in the WP Dashboard and instead use a text-editor and FTP client. One tiny error can bring the whole site down so at the very least I would make sure you have FTP access before making changes.

Kelly
    Participant

Thanks for the excellent response, Tamara! πŸ™‚

apapenfuss, this is a great question. πŸ™‚ I apologize that you’ve found a tutorial that’s referencing an older version of the plugin. We really appreciate you bringing that to our attention.

Please let us know if Tamara’s solution worked for you. If not, we’ll do our best to get you sorted out.

Thanks!

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, apapenfuss. As it’s been more than a couple of weeks since your last post, I’m going to close this thread. Please feel free to open a new one if you choose to pursue this further.

Thanks! πŸ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Can’t find the correct file to edit’ is closed to new replies.