Cant find meta

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Cant find meta

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Marcus Stenberg
    Participant

Hi, spent some hours on this but I am ashamed to say I couldnt figure this out.

Basically I want to change/add meta data. I drew on the images I uploaded to be more clear.

1. It shows venue, I want it to be city

2. I want to show city

3. I want to change the order since we say it the other way around in Sweden. I also want to add first three letters in name of the the day

I have read documentations but couldnt understand how to do this. Thanks in advance

Cliff

Hi Marcus. Thanks for your detailed question.

Our Themer’s Guide can be a bit daunting, but it’s really the same concept (your child theme’s templates overriding our plugins’) applied to all our different plugins.

For your mockups, could you please confirm that you’re looking to override only the Photo View and that the City is the Venue’s city?

Then I’ll help where I can.

Marcus Stenberg
    Participant

Hi, yes, the city of the venue.

I basically want city on all views but i figured if I get help with these I would be able to figure the others out.

Cliff

Hopefully the tribe_get_city() function and this video will get you started in the right direction! 🙂

Marcus Stenberg
    Participant

Did you just make me a video tutorial?! That is so great! Thank you!! BIG help!

I managed to modify the photo view exactly as I wanted but when tryng to modify the list view everything breaks no matter how I seem to try. I can get the city to show up but the whole page breaks apart to what is shown in the image below.

I copy single-event.php from /bokdatum.se/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/list/
    to
    bokdatum.se/wp-content/themes/eventica-wp-child/tribe-events/list

But no matter what line I try I can’t remove the line with the venue name and replace with city. 🙁

This is my list view when reseting it back to normal: http://bokdatum.se/evenemang/lista/

Could you push me in the right direction here?

Cliff

Glad it was a good help!

If your Eventica child theme is the currently-active theme (not just the parent theme), then please provide me a copy of your child theme folder’s single-event.php file.

Marcus Stenberg
    Participant

Hi, so this is single-event from /wp-content/themes/eventica-wp-child/tribe-events/

(uploader said I couldnt upload php so I renamed extension)

I also found this: The organizer names are not linked in the meta field even though documentation says: “You don’t have to do anything to make these links appear–the plugin does all the work by adding them there for you.”

I have not removed them, not by choice anyhow since I didnt touch core files. isn’t this a bit weird?

Eg. on bottom left at http://bokdatum.se/evenemang/augusti-ordet-i-centrum/ the organizer name “Ordet i centrum” should be linked to http://bokdatum.se/arrangor/ordet-i-centrum/

Cliff

Marcus, unfortunately, the JPG you tried to upload didn’t come through properly and any other file you tried to attach didn’t come through at all.

To share a PHP file, you can include a Dropbox, Google Drive, gist.github.com, or similar link.

Please try again.

Thank you.

Marcus Stenberg
    Participant

Yes, the jpg is the php file. i changed file extension and then your uploader function changed file name.

Here it is: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8Ja98OC0N1rOHZoQ3JJbklyYzg/view?usp=sharing

Cliff

Thank you for that.

I see you copied this file: /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/single-event.php

Not this file: /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/list/single-event.php

===

You should copy /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/list/single-event.php to /wp-content/themes/eventica-wp-child/tribe-events/list/single-event.php

Then you should make a simple change, such as changing <?php the_title() ?> to <?php 'xxx' . the_title() ?> to make sure it works when visiting your site’s List View.

Then, once you get it working for your site’s List View, make your other changes as desired.

Marcus Stenberg
    Participant

Hi, it feels like we are going in circles. When copying /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/list/single-event.php to /wp-content/themes/eventica-wp-child/tribe-events/list/single-event.php the whole list view breaks. See image 386.

In image 387 you can see what the list view should look like. So just by copying the file, the theme breaks.

I tried changing <?php the_title() ?> to <?php ‘xxx’ . the_title() ?> but that does nothing. Is ‘xxx’ supposed to be replaced with something?

Also: you didn’t answer my question about default link: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/cant-find-meta/#post-1157947

Clearly something is wrong since nothing works. Can you see what’s wrong?

Cliff

Marcus, I believe you actually copied this file: /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/single-event.php (not in the “list” sub-directory)

even though you meant to copy this file: /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/list/single-event.php (is in the “list” sub-directory)

I believe this is the case due to the contents of the PHP file you previously shared with me via Google Drive link.

Please copy from the correct location to your child theme’s “list” sub-directory, make a small modification, and once you’ve got that part down correctly (List View doesn’t break and your “xxx” or other slight modification does work), then we’ll continue answering the rest of your questions.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Cant find meta’ is closed to new replies.