Can't Edit Events & Calendar Blank After 3.4.1 update

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Can't Edit Events & Calendar Blank After 3.4.1 update

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    blueduck
    Participant

I was having a problem on 3.2 where I could no longer edit events. When I tried, the loading bar with just spin forever.

To try and solve for this I installed the latest build. Now my entire calendar is blank. http://synrgyfit.com/classes/

This is a live site so I cant revert themes and deactivate plugins, but the calendar at least displayed fine until the update. How can I get this resolved?

Barry

Hi @blueduck,

I can see events when I visit the URL you provided: can you confirm if this has been resolved, or else provide more details (is the problem restricted to a certain view for instance)?

Thanks – we’d love to help if we can.

blueduck
    Participant

They load in Firefox but the whole page is black for me in Chrome.

The inability to edit an event still persists

Barry

For me, in Chrome, there is no problem – I can see your event page and the events within it. Could this for some reason be specific to your computer? Can you try from another machine?

blueduck
    Participant

I’ve tried from 2 macs on the most recent chrome and have the same issue. It worked fine with the old version and right when I updated, it went blank like this. http://screencast.com/t/Yx3j8vUL

Barry

I’m not sure what to suggest here – I don’t use a Mac, but I had a colleague who does check this (again on Chrome) and there was no problem for them either. Given we can’t see the problem that makes troubleshooting rather difficult.

This is a live site so I cant revert themes and deactivate plugins

Can you instead create a new WordPress installation and initially add only our plugins and check if everything works successfully under those conditions – then start adding the plugins/themes you have on your live site one-at-a-time and see if any of those introduce this issue for you?

Thanks!

blueduck
    Participant

OK, I have a staging server I can use to test it.

Part 2 of my question about not being able to edit events remains regardless of it it displays in chrome or not. Have you seen that before? If I want to edit an event to change the description or the time, previously I was asked if I want to update just the event or all recurrences. Now it just loads forever.

Barry

Perhaps there is a conflict – does this still happen if you deactivate all other plugins and switch to a default, unmodified theme (can you test this on your staging site perhaps)?

blueduck
    Participant

I figured out what it was – Coupon Creator plugin of all things. (http://jesseeproductions.com/coupon-creator). I’ll need to find some alternative for it.

Barry

Well, glad you figured it out!

If you need further help once your staging site is ready, please just create a new thread. To avoid confusion I’ll go ahead and close this one. Thanks again 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Can't Edit Events & Calendar Blank After 3.4.1 update’ is closed to new replies.