Can't add organiser on community form

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Can't add organiser on community form

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Math
    Participant

Hi

It has been brought to my attention that organisers are not able to add organiser on the community form. Since it’s a live site i can’t do the all tests you suggest.

please see video.

Math
    Participant

Can you write a snippet that automatically populates the organiser field with the registered user’s details. The current way is really not user friendly for both organiser and admin. We always have duplicate entries since organisers constantly have to add the details.

Please help with this. This really an urgent issue.

Organisers are put off by such things and they move on to other ticketing agents with no such issues.

George
    Participant

Hey Math,

Thanks for reaching out.

We are not able to write custom code snippets for customers per the policies of our licenses. ⚠️ Please read those policies here: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/what-support-is-provided-for-license-holders/

When it comes to your issues, I went to http://www.ticketjoint.co.za/events/organiser/add to try and view the problem firsthand.

I was unable to see the form because it’s restricted to users with accounts.

1. Can you temporarily make the form publicly-accessible so that I can see it? Or provide some test credentials that I can use just to see the form—if you do this, please mark your reply with the credentials as a “private reply” so that only you and us on the support team see that sensitive information.

2. When did these issues start happening? Did you just launch this site, and these issues have been there since day 1? Or has this site been going for a long time, and was working fine for months, but then recently stopped working? If this is the case, what was the last change you made before things started failing? Did you upgrade WordPress and then things broke? Or upgrade our plugins and then things stopped, or your theme? Et cetera—let us know.

Please answer both questions above so that we can be as efficient and fast as possible in our efforts to help you! 😀

Thanks,
    George

Math
    Participant

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

This reply is private.

Math
    Participant

I have not made any changes to the form at all.

Math
    Participant

What are the template issues you found?

I’ll create a staging environment.

Math
    Participant

How can those template issues be fixed?

Math
    Participant

This reply is private.

Math
    Participant

Hi George

I think i’ve found the problem. When i activate my original theme every thing works but when i activate the child theme that’s when the problem appears.

George
    Participant

When i activate my original theme every thing works but when i activate the child theme that’s when the problem appears.

↑ Thanks so much for your testing here, @Math!

The findings you report above confirm that the issue is from within your Child Theme.

We do not make your child theme nor have access to it, so the best step I can recommend is to contact the creator of the child theme and ask them to investigate why their theme is breaking the Community Events form.

Please keep us posted on what you find!
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Can't add organiser on community form’ is closed to new replies.