Can\'t activate FB plugin

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Can\'t activate FB plugin

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Modern
    Participant

I\’ve been using The Events Calendar (not pro) for some time and love it. I just purchased the Facebook Events plugin, have followed the instructions (https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation/facebook-importer-new-user-primer/), but am running into issues with activation. The Events Calendar doesn\’t show up in the \”Settings\” menu in WordPress, so I\’m not sure where to enter the license key. There is a settings option in The Events Calendar, but, again, nowhere to enter the license key.

Any ideas?

Barry

Hi Modern – our plugins all need to be in-synch and when they are not the licenses tab may disappear from Events > Settings.

For instance, currently you would need to use The Events Calendar 2.0.10 and Facebook Events 1.0.3. If that isn’t the case please make the necessary changes! If you are already using those versions please just let me know and we’ll take things from there.

Thanks!

Modern
    Participant

Hi Barry,

I’m using The Events Calendar 2.0.10. The Facebook Events plugin isn’t showing up; I’ve searched everywhere!

Thanks for your help.

Barry

That’s strange. How did you install it?

If you installed it manually you might have come across a problem whereby the .zip archive of Facebook Events made available at Account Central > Downloads is “double-wrapped”, so if for instance you unzipped it locally you might have ended up with a directory called:

the-events-calendar-facebook-importer.1.0.3

However the plugin directory itself would be inside this and would actually be named:

the-events-calendar-facebook-importer

(If this is the case you may find another sub-directory called __MACOSX in there too.)

Are you able to look inside your wp-content/plugins directory using FTP software (or your hosting control panel) to check out if this is indeed the problem?

Barry

Hi Modern! How are you getting on with this issue?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Can\'t activate FB plugin’ is closed to new replies.