Cannot set recurring events… depending on WP user

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Cannot set recurring events… depending on WP user

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Shelley Henderson
    Participant

My minion had been more or less happily entering recurring events until “recently,” where recently means within the last handful of weeks. Then abruptly the Add New Event screen would not allow her to set anything under the Event Series section. She can click the period (Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Yearly, Once). The button highlights. If the window is scrolled down to center the Event Series section on the display, the view jumps to the top of the Add New Event screen. The options appropriate to each period are not displayed. She can click the trash can over on the right but not set any of the options.

Her WordPress login role is Administrator.

A second minion sees the same problem using her own WordPress login (role: Administrator).

I see the same problem using my secondary WordPress login that has its role set to Editor. I tried setting its role to Administrator but the problem persisted.

However, my primary WordPress login (role: Administrator) is still able to properly use the Event Series section to create a recurring event.

It may have no relevance, but: both minions’ WordPress accounts did not start out with the Administrator role. They earned it after proving that they could be trusted. So their accounts were upgraded from Editor to Administrator.

I have uploaded two (2) screenshots, one for my first minion’s Administrator account and one for my own.

The problem has persisted across the recent upgrade of The Events Calendar and The Events Calendar Pro. She uses Firefox on either a Wintel or Mac — she sees the problem on both. I’m running Firefox 54.0 under MacOS 10.11.6 (15G1510). I had her login on my own desktop and the problem persisted — that’s when I grabbed the screenshot.

And I just tried creating an entirely new user account with the Administrator role. It exhibits the same problem.

I did think to download the Members plugin (as I have read recommended by Modern Tribe), but have not activated it because it has not been tested under the latest version of WordPress (4.8).

I have NOT yet tried deactivating all plugins or reverting to the default WordPress theme because I ran out of my maintenance window.

Shelley Henderson
    Participant

Okie dokie. Sort of not your problem.

During my maintenance window this morning, I deactivated all pLugins except:

– The Event Calendar
    – The Event Calendar Pro

Then I began activating plugins one by one, checking after each activation whether the problem with recurring events manifests.

With NO plugins (except the two above) activated, recurring events worked just fine under my alternate login ID (role: Editor).

With the first four re-activated plugins (Akismet, Feedburner, Newsletter, Redux Framework), recurring events worked after each activation.

BUT… activating Weekly News Custom Add-ons broke recurring events.

I deactivated and tested: recurring events worked. I re-activated and tested: broken.

I deactivated and tested after every other plugin: recurring events worked.

So the problem is an incompatibility between The Events Calendar and Weekly News Custom Add-ons, which was released not so long ago.

I will email mip, the theme developer, about this problem.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Shelley,

Thanks for going Pro and for reaching out!

Sorry to hear about your troubles but I’m glad to hear you have found the source of the issue. Awesome work there!

I will keep this topic open, please let us know how you end up, or if you have any questions regarding this topic.

I kindly ask you that if you bump into any other issue, then please open a new topic so we can keep things clean and nicely organized. 🙂 Thanks!

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Cannot set recurring events… depending on WP user’ is closed to new replies.