Cannot see TimeZone after changing Community settings in My Events

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Cannot see TimeZone after changing Community settings in My Events

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    pegcitylovely
    Participant

All I would like to do is ensure that the timezone shows on each event, especially since I cannot add it as a separate field. I made the change under the Settings>>My Events>>Date Time Format – M j,Y T .
    I added the T for timezone per the WordPress link provided (http://codex.wordpress.org/Formatting_Date_and_Time) and it still does not show up. Please advise, time zones are super important when doing online events. Thank you.

Barry

Hi!

So there are a few options here.

One is to go ahead and customize the submission form templates to add a new timezone field (the basics of safely overriding templates in this manner are covered in our Themer’s Guide – so that’s a great starting point) and you would need some further code to “catch” this extra data and store it.

I’m afraid that’s a tad more involved than we can help with – but you might also be interested in using Events Calendar PRO for this task. It provides additional fields that Community Events can also work with and you might for instance create a custom timezone field as a dropdown or set of radio inputs to let submitters provide their timezone.

Does that help here?

pickleshy
    Participant

(Subscribing to comments on this thread.)

Barry

As this thread hasn’t seen much activity I’m going to guess you are all sorted, pegcitylovely, and will close the thread out. Thanks again!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Cannot see TimeZone after changing Community settings in My Events’ is closed to new replies.