Cannot save certain recurring events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Cannot save certain recurring events

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    Lucia
    Participant

What David says is similar to my experience. it’s when i try to make changes to a recurring event that’s already been saved that i run into problems. if i delete and start again, it has worked ok in the past. There should be a way to make one change without having to start all over! thanks.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi David & Lucia,

Sorry about the issues you are experiencing. I’m still having trouble recreating this on my end and I’ve tried a number of different scenarios. Is this happening for new recurring events you’re creating or just old ones prior to the 2.0.9 update? Can you try soem tests with new events? Also, would either one of you be willing to do a screencast showing us the problem in action? http://www.techsmith.com/jing.html is a greta free way to do this.

Thanks,
    Jonah

David
    Participant

Hi Jonah, I’ve sent access details so you can see the issue first hand but I’m happy to do a screencast if it helps.

The events I created were created after I updated to the latest version.

David
    Participant

Update… I’ve been trying to replicate the issue this morning but it’s been working well so far whilst screen recording! I’ll try again later and report back.

Jonah
    Participant

Sounds good David.

Thanks,
    Jonah

David
    Participant

Just to report back, I’ve since removed and re-created all the events on one site with no problems. On the other site I’ve created 5 recurring events and they all seem fine, so fingers are well and truly crossed!

Many thanks for your help on this!

Jonah
    Participant

Hi David,

Thanks for reporting back. I’m glad to hear the recurring events are working now. Please let me know if the issue crops up again.

– Jonah

webotools
    Participant

Hi, the update 2.0.9 in wordpress 3.4.2 still does not solve the problem…

David
    Participant

I haven’t had an instances where it failed so far, but my client has been away so my fingers are crossed that it works for her when she is back next week. The tests I completed seems to work ok.

webotools
    Participant

David hi, I don’t know if you have seen the problem again, I just want to let you know how we got the bug to appear. What we noticed is the following (you can try it in order to reproduce the bug and see what I mean):

I create a new recurring event and publish it. Then I go to the events and select to edit the second event of the recurring duplicates created. I click the checkbox in order to select not to have it appear on the upcoming events list (as I normally don’t want to have the same event displaying 10-20 times in line) and on the popup that appears I select to apply it to all events (which applies this change to future events only). This action solves the problem of the event appearing multiple times in the upcoming list but creates another problem. The first event in line is cut off from the recurring and when you see it on the events list (in the administration area) it appears as “Recurring – >No”. The problem is, when you go afterwards to edit the first event in line, clicking on the update button doesn’t work and the loader keeps spinning infinitely…

David
    Participant

You are ABSOLUTELY spot on!

This is exactly the process my client had been following, hiding all events apart from the first & then trying to edit the first event. I’ve just tested using this process and it did indeed fail to save. As you point out, it may be down to the first event no longer being treated as a recurring event.

I can’t believe I forgot to test using these steps and very grateful you took the time to post.

Jonah, could you do some testing using the above method and see what results you get? Many thanks.

Jeremy
    Participant

We are on 2.0.9 and are have just identified this bug. Any progress?

Thanks!

Jonah
    Participant

Hi guys,

I was able to reproduce this again with the steps given by webotools. I’ve reopened the ticket we’ve got for this issue and will update here as soon as I know more. Stay tuned and hang tight!

Regards,
    Jonah

Jeremy
    Participant

Thanks Jonah I know you’ll work it out. You guys rock.

David
    Participant

Just had this issue again on an event with 2 dates, just tried to make a small change and it wouldn’t save for me. Hope this can be resolved soon. thanks.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 71 total)
  • The topic ‘Cannot save certain recurring events’ is closed to new replies.