Cannot link product code

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Cannot link product code

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    dkiessling
    Participant

I’ve tried four different times to install the new update to , but I haven’t been able to so far. The updates page tells me there’s an update available, but I have to put in my product key. When I put in the product key, it is accepted, but I don’t see the update. Then, when I go back to the updates page to refresh it, it goes back to telling me there is an update, but I need to put in my code. And when I return to the plugin page, the code has cleared itself. Can you give me some guidance to get around this?

Leah

Hello dkiessling,

Thanks for getting in touch. That situation sounds utterly frustrating! I do have a couple of ideas, but first I’ll need to know which plugins you’re running and which versions of each. Also, to confirm, when you say “the updates page” are you referring to the WordPress Plugins page or the Updates page under Dashboard? Thanks for your patience while we get to the bottom of this.

Best,

Leah

dkiessling
    Participant

The ‘updates page’ I was talking about is the Dashboard, I don’t see the update listed with the Plugin on the Plugins page, although I do see the message “There is an update available for The Events Calendar PRO but your license key has not been entered. Please go to the Events Calendar Options page to enter your license key.” above the standard content on many pages in the back end of the site.

As for my plugins, I’m using The Events Calendar v.3.3.1 and The Events Calendar PRO v.3.3. Or do you need to know all the plugins I’m using?

Leah

Hello dkiessling,

Thanks for clarifying. Are you positive that when you entered the license key on the Events –> Settings –> License Keys tab that you pressed Save Changes? If you double check that and it’s still not working, the next step would be to try a manual update of the two plugins.

First thing you’ll need to do is download The Events Calendar 3.4.1 from here and Events Calendar PRO 3.4 from your account’s downloads page (tri.be/my-account/downloads/). Next,  deactivate and delete the plugins from your Plugins page. You should not lose data, but we recommend that you backup your database first just in case. Then install the new version of the plugin and activate it. It will work best if you deactivate and delete both the Events plugins and then install them both again, instead of one at a time.

That will at least get you running the latest versions. The next step will be to try to enter your license key again. Let me know if the behavior you reported persists even then. And of course, let me know if you have any trouble with the update.

Best,

Leah

dkiessling
    Participant

The uninstall/reinstall did the trick, now I’ve gotten the code to stay linked, and the update applied! Thank you!

Leah

Awesome! Thanks for letting us know.
    ~Leah

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Cannot link product code’ is closed to new replies.