cannot change end time of an event (back end and front end show differently)

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO cannot change end time of an event (back end and front end show differently)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    tapps
    Participant

i just ran into this problem.

– we had an event we created. it was saved. page is here: http://milwaukeesynod.org/event/gms-stewardship-fair/
    – the end time has changed, so we went in and changed the ‘end time’ to 3pm as opposed to 4
    – hit save. back end updated with the correct end time (of 3pm)
    – front end still shows 4pm.
    – if i change the “start time” to 8:05am, the end time changes to 4:05pm ONLY in the front ent

please advice how we can fix this asap!

Rob

Hi Tracy. Thanks for the note and sorry to hear you’re having problems. I just tried to recreate this issue exactly on my test site, running the default 2011 theme with no other plugins active, and everything worked without issue. So this leads me to believe we’ve got a conflict at play here, either with another plugin or with your theme.

Are you in a position where you can test deactivation of other plugins (and the theme, if plugins aren’t the cause) to see if one is conflicting? If the problem resolves itself when another plugin is deactivated, we’ll know that is the conflict and can proceed accordingly from there.

One last thought, if none of the above do the trick: send me a screenshot of your time zone settings for the site, and I’ll copy those directly. It’s possible (though seems unlikely) that the reason I can’t recreate the problem is because your time zone settings are impacted, whereas mine are not.

tapps
    Participant

while i could deactivate plugins/change the theme, that would disturb the site, as it is live currently.

also note that this is a multisite instal. if that matters any.

but in all actuality, the site is not relying on very many plugins. most functionality is hand coded into the template to avoid such conflicts.

also, we did finally get this changed. but we had to check “all day event”, hit save, then uncheck “all day event” and enter the corrected time and hit save again. this leads me to believe there’s something wrong in the plugin code that is not updating the end time as opposed to a plugin conflict. (but that’s just a hunch from a designer turned front end developer 🙂 )

Rob

Hey Tracy. Interesting; glad to hear you found a workaround, but that certainly is a bizarre behavior. Being on a multi-site install shouldn’t have any impact. You’re running 2.0.3 for both releases, right?

Could it be that some of the custom code is causing this? I do have some newer code (a “beta” somewhere between 2.0.3 and 2.1) that I’ve been giving to some users, as it’s fixed a few bugs that were in 2.0.3. My best suggestion beyond what I’ve noted above would be to give that a shot. Interested? Shoot me a note (rob at tri.be) with a link to this thread as a frame of reference, and I’ll send it your way.

Quentin
    Participant

I had this same issue, and when digging through the template code to try and pinpoint the problem (the workaround tracy mentioned did not work for me) I realized that the “$end_as_ts = (int)strtotime( $end );” (in the view/table.php template file) line is returning a “0” value when using a custom date format (in my case, I’m using m.d.y as the custom date format. $end is returning a correct value, but the custom date value throws it off, apparently due to the non-standard separators. This is most likely a limitation of the strtotime function and custom date formatting (which I was using for aesthetic purposes). Not sure if that’s any help, perhaps we should just avoid custom date formats for aesthetic purpose 🙂

Rob

Thanks for the thought here, Quentin! We’re going to see if we can resolve that for a future release so that custom date/time formats work better.

Tracy: any chance that could do the trick in your situation?

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘cannot change end time of an event (back end and front end show differently)’ is closed to new replies.