Cannot change default currency

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Cannot change default currency

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    fierceclever
    Participant

I need to change the currency passed to eventbrite from the default USD to EUR.

I have followed the instructions provided here: https://theeventscalendar.com/faqs/using-international-currencies-with-eventbrite/ but using this code snippet in the functions.php file just results in a white screen.

The event is created on the WordPress end alright but without any Eventbrite ticket details being set up. It is also saved as a draft without any ticket types on eventbrite.

I have deactivated all other plugins and used 2011 theme to test but I’m still getting a white screen – any advice?

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi fierceclever,

Sorry for the troubles you are having.

I tried out that coding on my website to change the default currency and I did not get any errors. I also created a test event and the price is set to Euros.

So it looks like the coding is working.

It sounds like there is a php error causing the issue.

Can you try replacing the snippet in your coding again and make sure it is all there.

If that does not work, then can you please follow these steps to debug the site and see what the error log says:

Debug
    Can you please follow the section of the WordPress Codex Debug titled “Example wp-config.php for Debugging” on this page:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress

Please add that coding to your wp-config.php file.

Then cause the white screen on your site on a couple loads and visit the debug.log file and let me know if there are any errors there.

Let me know what you find out and we can go from there.

Thanks

fierceclever
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brian
    Keymaster

How strange. Those errors are not coming up for me.

Do you have any other custom coding for the Events Calendar?

Also can you confirm you are using the latest version of both The Events Calendar and Eventbrite?

If you are, I would recommended deactivating and reinstalling the plugins as something looks to be missing.

Here is the steps to take:

1. Backup your site.(this process does not delete events or settings, but better to be safe)
    2. Deactivate the Event Calendar Plugins
    3. Delete them
    4. Get a new copy of The Events Calendar and Eventbrite
    5. Reinstall and activate
    6. Try to reproduce the errors and recheck the error logs

Let me know what you find out from that.

Thanks

fierceclever
    Participant

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your response.

There is no other custom coding on the site for the Events Calendar, or any other wordpress plugins/core functionality. I have reinstalled WordPress 4.0 in case it’s an issue with that.

I am using eventbrite tickets version 3.8.1 and events calendar version 3.8.1. I have deleted and resintalled each plugin but the issue still persists, with the same error messages.

Is there a snippet I can add to directly to the core files instead of using functions.php to change the functionality?

Thanks!

Brian
    Keymaster

Sorry, but we do not have a snippet to change the core of the plugins as it will be overwritten every time you update. Everything we provide is usually in the form of a snippet to place in the functions.php.

Are you getting these errors with or without the snippet in place? Can you please check the error log again. Those errors do not match up to any lines in the coding that would cause them or at least on the latest version I have.

Let me know and we can go from there.

Thanks

fierceclever
    Participant

Hi Brian,

The relevant error only occurs when the snippet is used in the functions.php file:

PHP Fatal error: Using $this when not in object context in …/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-eventbrite-tickets/lib/tribe-eventbrite.class.php on line 1691

The functions.php file is having issues with the $this variable. If I had a snippet to change/enforce the currency directly in the tribe-eventbrite.class.php file then it might work but if the workflow involves logging into eventbrite every time to update an event to EUR then I’ll need to find another solution.

Brian
    Keymaster

Ok, not sure why the snippet is causing you issues and not me. I have tried multiple times and nothing has caused the error.

Can you please post the snippet from your site into a pastbin and then put the link here?

http://pastebin.com/

You do not need an account to create one.

Also I looked into the coding and there is nothing to edit in the tribe-eventbrite.class.php to change the currency, the snippet is really the only way.

Let me know about the snippet. If I cannot see anything different there the only other option is to get all your Event Settings and all the information you are using to create the Event and the Eventbrite event and try to reproduce it that way.

fierceclever
    Participant

Hi Brian
    http://pastebin.com/SqJrfQaE
    At this stage I spent hours trying every different combination of theme/plugins/event details and have made over 30 events trying to test this and I’m ready to give up.
    Thanks for you help but can you arrange a refund instead? I can find a way to make the WooCommerce ticketing plugin work instead.
    Thanks!

Brian
    Keymaster

I am sorry you are having these issues.

We certainly can provide a refund. Please email us with your receipt number to pro(at)tri.be and we can take care of it.

Sorry again for the frustration. It seems nothing you can do makes it work and unfortunately, every time I tried it worked and the price was Euros in Eventbrite so it is unclear what is happening to cause the issue as the testing for conflicts did not reveal anything.

I will leave this ticket open if you have any questions.

fierceclever
    Participant

Hi Brian
    In case you’re losing sleep over this…it looks like it might possibly be a permissions issue.
    Thanks for all your help – in the end, the WooCommerce ticket plugin is a much better fit.

Brian
    Keymaster

Ok that is good to know for the future. Glad WooCommerce Tickets is working out for you.

I am going to close this ticket, but if you need anything else related to this topic or another please post a new topic on the forum and we can help you out.

Thanks

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Cannot change default currency’ is closed to new replies.