Can you show a "venue view" of the monthly calendar with Events Calendar Pro?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Can you show a "venue view" of the monthly calendar with Events Calendar Pro?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jim

Basically, we maintain a wordpress site for a client currently using event espresso. She has two locations so needs two calendar views showing events at each location. Event Espresso handles the multiple locations great, but cannot do gift certificates. So we were considering Events Calendar Pro with Woo Tickets plus a woo gift certificate plugin. But, we need to be sure that Events Calendar Pro will allow for a monthly view that only shows event for a single venue. I saw that “venue view” is an option but not sure if that would allow for a page with a monthly view of the calendar (that I assume we can reformat to match the rest of the site). Will this work?

Leah

Hi Jim,

Thanks for getting in touch and for your interest in Events Calendar PRO. There are a couple options that may work for you.

1. Venue View: the Venue View page includes a map and information on the event as well as a listing of upcoming events at that location. You can see an example here on our demo site. This does not display the events in the month view format, however.

2. Events Calendar with category pages: one way to divide different events onto separate calendars is to use the category options to divide them up. For example, you could have all the events at venue A in category A, and same for B. Then on the site you can link to the category A events via one link and category B via another, using the WordPress menu options. It would appear like two separate calendars. This feature is available in our core plugin, so you might want to download it and experiment to see if this would work for you. Then if you’d like to add WooTickets and/or PRO you can go from there.

3. Events Calendar PRO 3.0 with new Faceted Filters plugin: soon we will be releasing Events Calendar 3.0 and a new Faceted Filters plugin. That plugin allows users to filter any of the 3.0 views (including the month view you want) by category, venue, and other options. You can see the filters plugin in action in this demo video.

I think that option 3 is probably the best for you, since it will scale nicely if you need to have more venues in the future, or want to change the site around in general. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Cheers,
    Leah

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Can you show a "venue view" of the monthly calendar with Events Calendar Pro?’ is closed to new replies.